Ginger Cookies Recipe is soft and spiced cookies with the goodness of whole wheat flour and ginger. A Ginger Cookies Recipe is good snack for morning or evening tea time. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Jalebi Pudding.
Ingredients for Ginger Cookies Recipe
- Half Cup – Jaggery
- Half Cup – Softened Butter
- Two Cups – Whole Wheat Flour
- Half Teaspoon – Baking Soda
- Two Teaspoons – Ginger Paste
- Half Teaspoon – Cinnamon Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Cloves Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Nutmeg Powder
- One-Fourth Cup – Water
How to Make Ginger Snap Cookies
Steps for Ginger Cookies Recipe
- Grease the baking sheet first and keep it aside.
- Take half cup soften butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add half cup of powdered jaggery into three to four tablespoons of hot water. Mix well till the jaggery melts.
- Now add it to the butter. Mix and beat this mixture with a beater. Lightly beat the mixture and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl shift two cups of whole wheat flour, half teaspoon baking soda, two teaspoons of ginger paste, one-fourth teaspoon cinnamon powder, one-fourth teaspoon of cloves powder, and one-fourth teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- Now add the entire dry ingredients to the lightly beaten butter and jaggery mixture. Lightly and gently fold the mixture. Then add one-fourth cup of hot water.
- Mix everything together and gather to form a dough. Don’t knead just gently fold.
- If your mixture is sticky add 2-3 tablespoons more of the flour cover and place the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- And if the mixture looks dry, add one to three tablespoons of hot water and mix again.
- After refrigerate take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Now make small balls from the cookie dough, gently press and flatten them.
- Place the cookies, with an inch space between them on the baking tray.
- Preheat oven 15 minutes before you begin to bake the cookies.
- Sprinkle some sugar granules on the cookies.
- Lightly press the sugar granules on the cookies.
- Bake ginger cookies at 180 degree celsius for 20-25 minutes or till the cookies gets its light golden color.
- After baking done remove the cookies in another tray and let them cool.
- Once cooled at room temperature store the cookies insan airtight jar.
- If you like this ginger cookies recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Llove to hear your feedback in the comments below. Also like to have your suggestions and queries about the recipe.
- Visit our website for more such recipes and nutritional information about food and kitchen tips.