Spinach Mushroom Pie is a healthy and light recipe for any meal time. This pie is loaded with healthy ingredients and creamy cheese to satisfy your tummy. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Tandoori Vegetables.
- One And A Half Cups – Whole Wheat Flour
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt And Baking powder
- Half Cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Two Tablespoons – Milk
- One Tablespoon – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Three Cloves – Garlic(chopped)
- 250 Grams – Mushrooms And Spinach(finely chopped)
- Three Large Eggs
- Three-Fourth Cup – Milk
- A Pinch Of Nutmeg
- One-Fourth Cup – All-Purpose Flour
- 200 Grams – Cheese(crumbled)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the olive oil, mixing constantly with the whisk.
- Add the milk a tablespoon at a time, continuing to stir until the mixture begins to gather together into a ball.
- With clean hands, knead the dough in the bowl just until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Press the dough evenly into a pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large pan, warm the tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and saute for thirty seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until they soften and release their juices, about three minutes. Continue to saute two more minutes so that the liquid evaporates released by the mushrooms.
- Add the chopped spinach to the pan and saute until cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add a spoonful of the mushroom and spinach mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs.
- Slowly add the rest of the vegetable mixture while stirring continuously. Whisk in the nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the vegetable mixture evenly with the flour while continuing to stir until any lumps of flour disappear. Fold in the crumbled cheese.
- Pour the spinach and cheese mixture into the prepared crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the pie filling is puffed, firm, and golden.
- Allow the pie to rest for about five minutes before cutting. Serve warm and enjoy the spinach mushroom pie.
- If you like this Spinach Mushroom Pie recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us if you have any.
- Visit our website for more such recipes and health information.