Aam Panna is refreshing summer drink. Made with raw mangoes, sugar, fresh mint and roasted cumin powder (chat masala). Rejuvenate this summer with this sweet and tangy drink. Its healthy energy drink one can enjoy without worrying about health. Boost your digestion with this drink.
Mango in India is know as Aam. So, Aam Panna is mixture of raw mango, sugar and assortment of spices and its an effective remedy for heat exhaustion. Also, it gives energy and boost the digestion system. Star Rate us to serve you better.
What is Aam Panna?
Aam Panna is traditional Indian coolant made up of unripe mango. Highly recommended due to some cooling properties which helps to stay hydrated and rich in vitamin C. Moreover, enhances the digestion or upset stomach.
There are two ways of making Aam Panna:
- By boiling or steaming: This method works by boiling Aam (raw mango) or steamming or cooking in pressure cooker. After been cooked properly, it becomes soft and pulpy.
- By roasting mango: In this method, unripe mango is heated on gas/stove. Aam (mango) is heated until it turns black and pulp inside gets soft and cooked.
Difference between both the methods boiling or steaming and roasting mango, is that roasted one gives smoky taste while boiling or steaming doesn’t. Specifically, we are using boiling method. So that we can use the water in which mangoes were cooked and use it for making drink, which gives better taste as compare to other methods.
Health benefits of Aam Panna :
- Firstly, helps the body to maintain hydration and prevent heat stroke.
- Most important is that rich source of vitamin C and iron.
- Helps in preventing stomach problem.
- Boost digestion.
Tips for making Aam Panna:
- Choose the raw mango, mostly sour to give tangy taste.
- You can either peel the skin of aam before boiling or keep it as it is.
- If you want Aam Panna to be more tangy, than add some lemon juice to it.
- On the other hand, one can also boil mangoes in micro wave for 10 minutes by adding 1 cup water to bowl.
- Any sweeteners can be used like sugar, jaggery or sugar can juice.
- In case, you are using jaggery than use it in liquid form. So that it will dissolve properly.
- For long storing, you can make concentrate and refrigerate it.
- Recommended to serve chilled.
Try some more yummy recipes:
- Sweet and tangy mango curry
- Mango Pannacotta
- Vegan samosa with mango chutney
- Chicpeas with mango curry
- Mango cheese cake
Ingredients for Aam Panna
- 300 grams Raw Mango (Unripe)
- 2 cups Water (Not for concentrate)
- 1 cup White Sugar (You can also use jaggery )
- 2 teaspoon Black Salt or Rock Salt (regular salt also works)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed (roasted and in powder form)
Steps for cooking Aam for Aam Panna
Boiling or streaming Aam (mango)
- Rinse the mangoes in water from 2-3 times.
- Take as pressure cooker (1 liter size), place the mangoes in cooker and 2 cups of water. Cook until 2 whistles on medium flame.
- You can also boil in deep kadai/pan for 15-20 minutes until it turns soft.
- If you are using pressure cooker, make sure that when pressure settles down on its own then remove the lid.
- When the mango is cooked well, then peels comes out on its own.
- Take a fine strainer, add the content from pan/cooker and place a bowl below strainer to collect water.
- As this water is used to make Aam Panna.
Making Aam Panna Concentrate:-
- Scrape and remove the pulp of cooked raw mango with the help of spoon or knife into a bowl.
- Only collect the pulp, discard the peels
- Add the sweeter of you choice like jaggery or sugar in mango pulp in double ratio. Like if mango pulp is one cup then add sugar two cups.
- To above mixture of mango pulp and sugar, now add cumin powder and black salt.
- Pour the entire concentrate in jar/bottle and store it in fridge.
Love the post or tried some?
Motivates us to bring something new for you, for latest update connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
Now you can Join us by submitting your recipe & we will post it for you, simply click on submit recipe on top menu bar. We are waiting……..