Paratha is the amazing flatbread of the Indian cuisine. We have talked a lot about this dish in our previous article of gajar-muli ka paratha. So, today we have bought one more interesting recipe for you as the part of our paratha series. Let us quickly have a look at the ingredients and then the preparation.
- 4 -5 Potatoes
- 2 -3 French Beans
- 1/3 cup Cauliflower
- 1 cup Capsicum
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 carrots
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 11/2 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
- Refined Oil
- 2 cups of Whole Wheat flour
Direction for making Mix Vegetable:-
- Firstly, wash all the vegetables and keep them aside. Now, boil the potatoes and chop other vegetables such as carrots, beans, capsicum and cauliflower.
- While doing this step, you can keep the peas for boiling. Sprinkle some salt and sugar in addition to the peas. This will maintain the fresh green colour of peas.Consequently, it will add a flavour to the peas.
- Now, it’s time for some cooking. Take a frying pan and add two tablespoons of refined oil.
- Fourthly, add cumin seeds and a pinch asafoetida to the pan. Let them crackle. Similarly, add the curry leaves and stir fry for few seconds. Then sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and the coriander powder.
- Fifthly, add the boiled peas and other chopped vegetables to the pan. Also, you can add any other vegetable of your choice.
- It’s time to add the boiled and mashed potatoes into the mixture.
- The next step is to sprinkle salt according to the taste and mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Finally, sprinkle some dry mango powder and freshly chopped coriander leaves into the mixture and set aside.
Directions for making Paratha:-
- First of all, add two cups of whole wheat flour into a mixing bowl. Now sprinkle some salt and ajwain into the flour. Now, add water and knead a medium tight dough from this mixture.
- Secondly, take a medium size piece of the dough and roll it flat with the help of a rolling pin.
- Now, it’s time to add a spoonful of mix vegetable mixture onto the flatbread.
- Bring all edges of the flatbread together and seal it in the centre. Again, dust some dry flour onto the flatbread and roll it by using the rolling pin.
- Fifthly, heat up the Indian tawa or a large size frying pan and place the stuffed paratha onto it.
- Let the paratha change colour to brown colour. Then, flip the side and apply some clarified butter on it.
- Similarly, repeat the process for making more paratha.
- The mixed vegetable paratha is ready to eat. Taste best with white butter and mango pickle.
Hope you will like this recipe. Don’t forget to share this mouthwatering dish with your family and friends by clicking on the social media icons show above. We will be back with more recipes and food benefits. Till then, “Eat Right and Stay Fit.”