Vermicelli Upma is easy to make breakfast recipe prepared from vermicelli and mixed vegetables and some spices. Breakfast that every people love to eat. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Mixed Vegetable Kadhi.
Ingredients For Vermicelli Upma:-
- One And A Half Cup – Vermicelli(roasted)
- Half Cup Each Of – Carrots, Green Beans(cut in small Pieces), Corn Kernels And Green Peas
- Three Tablespoons – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Mustard Seeds
- Eight to Ten Curry Leaves
- One-Fouth – Turmeric Powder
- One – Green Chili(finely chopped)
- Salt As Required
- Two Teaspoons – Lemon Juice
- Three Cups – Water
- One-Fourth Cup – Pea Nuts
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over low medium heat, roast the peanuts stirring continuously until they are light golden brown. It will take two to three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and take out the peanuts over kitchen towel.
- Use the same saucepan and add the remaining oil, heat the oil over medium heat until it is moderately hot.
- Add the mustard seeds as it cracks add curry leaves and green chili, stir fry them for few seconds.
- Now add carrots, green beans, corn kernels, turmeric powder, and salt. Stir-fry for three minutes over medium heat. Gently add vermicelli and mix them with vegetables, add water. Bring water to boil over medium-high heat.
- As vegetables come to boil reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Let it cook till all the water has evaporated. Stir in between once, it will take about ten minutes. Vermicelli should be moist.
- Gently stir in the lemon juice, garnish with roasted peanuts.
- Serve the vermicelli upma hot.
- If you like this vermicelli upma recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more healthy and nutritious breakfast recipes and information about food and vegetables.