- 1 cup of Rice
- 4 Boiled Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon curd
- 2 Teaspoon Dried Fenugreek [Kasoori methi]
- 2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Teaspoon green chilli-Coriander paste
- 6-7 Mint Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi [Turmeric]
- 1 Potato
- 2-3 Bay Leaf
- 2 Teaspoon Khoa [Khoya]
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Teaspoon clarified Butter [Ghee]
- Salt to taste
- Add one and a half litre of water for 1 Kg rice in cooker. Now add bay leaf and garam masala into the cooker.
- Add Clarified butter or ghee with coriander in cooker. Also add Ginger Garlic paste and dried fenugreek [kasoori methi] in cooker.
- Add curd and salt.
- Add, rice to the pan and cover the lid. Add turmeric partially on cooked rice for color.
Masala for Egg
- Add ghee or clarified butter in a pan. and fry onions till onions turn golden brown. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
- Fry the boiled eggs for few minutes till they change from white to golden brown. Remove eggs on the absorbent paper.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onion in ghee.
- Fry from few minutes and add green chilli-coriander to the pan. Add dried fenugreek, coriander and mint into the pan.
- Add little water and squeeze lemon juice into the pan. Noe make khoa [khoya] and salt addition into the pan.
- Make 4 silts into the fried eggs and add them into the pan. Now, add a pinch of turmeric powder into the pan and mix well.
- Add little bit of water and let it boil until water dries.
- Now take a pot and lay potato slices into it. Now, add a layer of cooked rice and lay fried egg mixture on the top.
- Repeat the process to set rice and eggs into the pot. Cover the pot and keep it on sim[dum] for five minutes.
- Garnish With coriander and mint leaves. Your Anda Biryani is ready to be served.
Note:- Taste best when served with coriander, mint and raw mango chutney.
Coriander, Mint and Raw Mango Chutney
Add fresh coriander, mint leaves, slice raw mango, cummin seeds, black salt, few drops of lemon juice, one chopped tomato and salt accordingly into the mixy jar. Grind it untill the ingredients turn into a smooth paste.
2 thoughts on “Anda Biryani – Classic Egg Rice Dish”
Very nice recipe. Worth trying at home
Thanks for the review. Enjoy the delicacy and keep visiting our website for more interesting and easy recipes.