Tomato chutney is a kind of sauce made with spices and tomatoes that makes your tastebuds spicey. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Fish Kofta.
- Six – Medium Tomato(Sliced)
- One Tablespoon – Ginger(shredded)
- Four – Green Chilli(sliced long)
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Black Mustard Seeds
- Two – Bay Leaves
- Half Teaspoon – Paprika
- Half Teaspoon – Turmeric
- Salt As Required
- One Teaspoon – Cornstarch
- Two-Three Tablespoons – Sugar
- Two Tablespoons – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Two Tablespoons – Oil
- In a saucepan heat oil.
- Add the asafoetida, black mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- As seeds crackled add bay leaves, paprika, and turmeric.
- Stir for a minute and add sliced tomatoes and green chili.
- Cover the pan as the mixture comes to boil and let it cook for 8-10 minutes on the low medium flame until soft.
- Mix the cornstarch with two teaspoons of water and add the tomatoes.
- Let tomatoes cook for some more minutes.
- Add sugar and coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame and cover for few minutes.
- Tomato chutney is ready to serve with flatbread or Paratha s or steamed rice.
Equally delicious raw or cooked, tomatoes are low in calories and rich in vitamins and other healthful substances. Today, the tomato is one of the world’s leading vegetable crops.
Tomato contains vitamin C. Most of the vitamin C is concentrated in the jellylike substance that encases the seeds is actually high in salicylates, which have an anticlotting effect on the blood.
Tomato is a useful source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, folate, and potassium. Lycopene – a powerful antioxidant-is the natural cancer-causing agent in tomatoes. It is known to slow down damage to human cells caused by aging and disease.
- If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Share your experience with us.
- Keep visiting our website for more recipes. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.