Tomatoes and onions are the common ingredients found in almost every kitchen. But, do you make any interesting recipes from them. Or only add these healthy ingredients to the regular dishes you make? Well, if you do so then here you get a delicious and mouth-watering recipe to enhance the taste of having a meal. In fact, you can fill the stomach with this classic dish for lunch or dinner. So, here are its ingredients and preparation.
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- 1 cup Red Onions
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 sprig of Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dry Mango Powder [Aamchur]
- Salt to Taste
- Refined Oil
Directions to make Tomatoes-Onion Salsa:-
- Firstly wash the tomatoes and chop them nicely.
- Then peel the red onions and chop them nicely too.
- Thirdly, heat some oil in the frying pan and add the mustard seeds to it. Sprinkle a pinch of asafoetida to the pan in addition to the seeds.
- Similarly, add some green chillies and curry leaves to the pan. Stir them for few seconds.
- Fifthly add the chopped red onions to the frying pan and let them cook until these onions become translucent.
- Now add some chopped tomatoes to the frying pan and mix all the ingredients nicely. Cover the pan and let them cook.
- After few minutes, remove the lid and press the tomatoes so that they release their juice. In the meantime, add the turmeric, red chilli powder and the dry mango powder to the pan.
- Lastly, sprinkle salt according to the taste and again mix everything nicely.
- Cover the lid and let them cook for few seconds. It’s time to turn off the gas and garnish the dish with some chopped coriander leaves. Keep some sliced tomatoes on the plate to enhance the presentation.
- The dish is ready to serve. Taste best with Indian flatbread, white bread and steamed rice also.
Don’t forget to share this mouth-watering recipe with your family and friends by clicking on the social media icons shown above. Also, request a recipe and we will post it while mentioning your name in that post. Keep visiting us for more on food, recipes and trivia. As we will be back with more about food. Till then, “Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy.”