Capsicum Spicy Curry is a side gravy dish with capsicums and flavourful aromatic spices. Great dish with rice or flatbread. Hope you like this recipe as u did like my previous recipe Tomato Chutney.
- Two – Large Onions
- One Inch – Ginger(chopped)
- Five – Garlic(chopped)
- Three Tablespoons – Desiccated Coconut
- Two Tablespoons – Peanuts
- One Tablespoon – White Sesame Seeds
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Poppy Seeds
- Two Tablespoons – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Seedless Tamarind
- Water As Required
- Two Tablespoons – Oil
- Half Teaspoon – Mustard Seeds
- Half Teaspoon – Fenugreek Seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- One Medium Tomato(chopped)
- Two Cups – Mixed Capsicum Red, Yellow, and Greem(sliced)
- Little Turmeric
- One Teaspoon – Red Chilli Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Hot Spices Powder
- One to Two Cups Water
- Half Teaspoon – Jaggery(powdered)
- Salt To Taste
- Handful Of Coriander Leaves
- Rinse and slice the capsicums into small squares.
- Chop the onions, ginger, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Add two tablespoons peanuts, one tablespoon sesame seeds, one tablespoon coriander seeds, and one teaspoon poppy seeds.
- On a low flame saute the nuts and seeds for four to five minutes.
- Then add chopped ginger and garlic and saute them for a minute. Add chopped onions and stir till the onions turn transparent. Put three tablespoons desiccated coconut and stir very well
- On a low flame, continue stirring for 8-10 minutes till the whole mixture turns golden.
- Let the roasted mixture becomes cool completely and place into the mixer grinder, add the deseeded tamarind. Grind the mixture with half to two cups of water into smooth paste. Keep this paste aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then adds half teaspoon mustard seeds when it becomes crackle add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes to cook tomatoes fast sprinkle a pinch of salt in it. Stir and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the capsicums, and saute on medium flame for three-four minutes. Lower the flame and add the nuts and seeds paste.
- Mix turmeric and red chili powder. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking the mixture to the pan. Add water and stir well.
- Put Jaggery and salt to taste and hot spices powder.
- Stir and simmer the gravy on the medium flame for 15 minutes or till the capsicums are cooked.
- The gravy is done when you see the oil on top, stir at intervals.
- Garnish with the handful of coriander leaves.
- Serve with any parathas, flatbread or rice.
- If you like this capsicum spicey curry recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Llike to hear your feedback in the comments below. Also, we welcome your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- Keep visiting our website for more recipes. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.