Chickpea Curry is one of the most popular curry dishes from North India. It is easy to make and lip-smacking dish, It tastes best when served with fluffy bhature, onions, and pickle. Hope you like this chickpeas curry as you did like my previous recipe Chocolate Sandesh.
Ingredients For Chickpeas Curry:-
- Half Kilo – Chickpeas
- Two Tablespoon – Cooking Oil
- Two – Bay Leaves
- Six – Cloves And Peppercorns
- Four – Green Cardamoms
- Three – Large Onions(thinly sliced)
- Two – Large Tomatoes(chopped)
- Two Tablespoons – Garlic Paste
- One Tablespoon – Ginger Paste
- Two Teaspoons – Coriander Powder, And Hot Spice Powder
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- One-inch Piece – Ginger(julienned)
- Two Tablespoons – Fresh Coriander Leaves(finely chopped)
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Pressure cook the chickpeas with sufficient water for three to four whistles.
- Grind two of the sliced onions, the tomatoes, and the ginger and garlic paste together into a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep, thick-bottomed pan on a medium heat.
- Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, and peppercorns and saute until slightly darker and mildly fragrant.
- Put the remaining sliced onion and fry until light golden in color. Add the onion-tomato paste you made earlier and fry till the oil begins to separate from the paste.
- Its time to add the dry powdered spices-cumin, coriander, red chili, turmeric, and hot spices powders. Saute, stirring frequently, for five more minutes.
- Drain the water from the pressure cooker and keep the water for further use.
- Now add the chickpeas to the masala you fried up earlier.
- Stir to mix everything together well.
- Time to add salt and enough water we use to boil chickpeas to make the gravy.
- Simmer and cook covered for ten minutes.
- Use a flat spoon to mash some of the chickpeas coarsely. Stir to mix everything together well.
- Garnish with juliennes of ginger and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- A squeeze of lemon and a handful of finely chopped onion tastes great as a garnish too.
- Serve hot the chickpeas curry with puris or bhaturas.
- If you like this chickpeas curry share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe if you have.
- Visit our website for more delicious recipes and information.