Skip to content
Green Chilli Curry is a spicy tangy made with a milder variety of chili with Indian curry style. Hope you like this as you did like my previous recipe Chickpea soup.
- Twelve – Green Chilies(not so hot species)
- One Tablespoon – Tamarind Pulp
- Two Cups – Water
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Mustard, Novella Seeds, and Cumin Seeds.
- 8-10 – Curry Leaves
- Four Tablespoons – Oil
- Salt As Required
- One-Fourth Cup – Desiccated Coconut and Roasted Peanuts
- One And Half Tablespoon – Sesame Seeds(roasted)
- One – Onion(sliced)
- Three Cloves – Garlic
- One Inch – Ginger
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder, and Hot Spices Powder.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, lightly brown the onions.
- Add the desiccated coconut and brown it.
- Later add ground nuts and sesame seeds to the mixture and roast for two-three minutes.
- In a mixer grinder make a smooth paste of the above with garlic, ginger, and all the spice powder adding little water.
- Remove the chili crown, rinse and wipe dry the green chilies.
- Slit the green chilli vertically, do not break them.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a frying pan, fry the chilies until little brown.
- Remove and drain on kitchen towel.
- In the same pan add some more oil, fry mustard oil till they pop.
- Then add novella seeds and cumin seeds, add curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add the ground masala paste.
- Fry the masala till you can see the floating oil on top and sides of the masala gravy.
- Now add Tamarind Pulp and two cups of water. Stir and simmer for five minutes.
- Add fried green chilies and salt and simmer for five to six more minutes.
- Turn the flame off and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve green chilli curry with any rice recipe.
- If you like this green chilli curry recipe do share with your family and friends on Twitter or Facebook as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We like to hear your feedback in the comments below. Do write your suggestions and queries if any.
- Visit our website for more such recipes and nutritional information. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.