Green Tomato Veggie is a delicious sweet and spicy veggie curry as the main course with rice or chapati or any Indian flatbread. This recipe is very easy to make with green tomatoes and using fewer kitchen ingredients. You can also make this recipe with red tomatoes as green tomatoes are not easily found. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Murgh Makhani.
Ingredients For Green Tomato Veggie:-
- 250 Grams – Green Tomatoes(diced)
- One Tablespoon – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Mustard Seeds
- One – Green Chili(chopped)
- One Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder, And Red Chili Powder
- Salt As Required
- One Cup – Jaggery(grated)
- Two Tablespoons – Groundnut Powder(roasted and coarse grind)
- Handful Of Coriander Powder
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds, crackle adds the turmeric powder and red chili powder. Immediately add the chopped green chili and diced green tomatoes.
- Add salt. Cover with a lid, and let the tomatoes cook over medium-low flame for around five minutes.
- Remove the lid and check if the tomatoes are done. If not cover and let it cook for some more time.
- Once cooked add the jaggery and groundnut powder. Mix and let it cook on low flame. The jaggery will melt and coat the spiced tomatoes to give them a glaze.
- Remove from flame and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot the green tomato veggie with chapati or rice.
- I am sure you like this green tomato veggie recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe if you have to our website.
- Visit our website for more delicious recipes and nutritious information about food and vegetables.