Stuffed Eggplants is a popular side dish for any rice recipe, it is a delicious dish made with small eggplants. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Chickpeas Curry.
Ingredients For Stuffed Eggplants:-
- Six – Baby Eggplants
- Two Teaspoon – Coriander Powder
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- Half Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder, And Red Chili Powder
- Three Tablespoons – Desiccated coconut
- One Teaspoon – Garlic(very finely chopped)
- One Teaspoon – Tamarind Pulp
- Three-Fourth Teaspoon – Black Mustard Seeds
- Eight To Ten – Curry Leaves
- Two – Dry Red Chili
- Salt As Required
- Four Tablespoons – Vegetable Oil
- Fresh Coriander, Chopped
- First, wash the eggplants and trim the stalk if you don’t want it. Partially slit the eggplants into quarters. Keep it aside.
- Put the coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chilies, coconut, and chopped garlic in a bowl and mix.
- Squeeze the tamarind that has been soaked in the warm water so as to remove all the pulp from it and into the water. Strain and throw away the pith.
- Add this tamarind pulp to the spice mix a little at a time to get a thick paste.
- Now add Salt to taste and mix.
- Fill the slits in the eggplants with this spice paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan with medium heat till hot. Now add the mustard seeds, dry red chilies, and curry leaves and cook till spluttering stops. Time to add the eggplants and gently stir.
- Cook till the eggplants are done. Stir occasionally but do it gently so as to avoid knocking the filling out of the eggplants.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain white rice or chapatis.
- If you like this stuffed eggplants share with our family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your version of this recipe write on to us.
- Visit our website for more delicious recipes and information.