Tofu Tikka is a healthier alternative to the famous Indian paneer tikka. A perfect appetizer for any party. Tofu tikka is a delicious vegetarian curry to be served with any flatbread or steamed rice. I am sure you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Aubergine Balls.
Ingredients For Tofu Tikka:-
- One Pack – Firm Tofu
- Half An 8-Ounce – Soy Yogurt
- One Tablespoon – Oil And Lemon Juice
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Turmeric, Garam Masala, Chilli Powder, And Salt
- One Tablespoon – Olive Oil
- 1 1/4-Ounce – Crushed Tomatoes
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin, And Paprika
- 1/2 an 8-Ounce – Container Soy Yogurt
- Fresh Chopped Coriander Leaves
- First, make sure your tofu is well pressed. For an even more flavorful dish, you can also freeze tofu, thaw it, and then gently press it again.
- Next, prepare the marinade.
- Whisk together half a container of soy yogurt with the oil, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.
- Arrange the tofu in a wide shallow pan in a single layer, and cover the tofu with the marinade.
- You can also place the marinade and the tofu in a plastic zip-lock bag and very gently shake it to make sure the tofu is covered with marinade well on all sides.
- Allow the tofu to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Bake tofu at 350 F for about thirty minutes, turning once or twice.
- Pan frying will also work if you are short on time, but it is highly recommended to try baking these little tofu cubes for maximum flavor.
- Now, these tofu cubes will come out of the oven absolutely delicious, and you could just eat them all up then and there, perhaps with some rice or oven roasted vegetables. But try to resist and finish up making the rest of this recipe.
- To prepare the sauce, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or saute pan.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, paprika, the rest of the soy yogurt, and, if you have any extra marinade from the tofu, you can also add that to the sauce mixture.
- Heat until the sauce is well combined and slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Add tofu, stirring just until heated through and tofu is well coated in tikka masala sauce.
- Serve immediately the tofu tikka with steamed rice or flavored rice.
- If you like this recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Share your own version of this recipe if you have any.
- You might also like to try our other recipes check out our website for more recipes and nutritional information.