Vegetable Korma is a boiled vegetable cooked in a creamy and spicy curry and is really very easy to prepare. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Soya Rice.
Ingredients For Vegetable Korma:-
- Two Teaspoons – Poppy Seeds
- One-Fourth Cup – Cashew Nuts
- One-Fourth Cup – Grated Coconut(fresh)
- One – Green Chili(chopped)
- One – Green Cardamom And Clove
- One Inch Piece Of Cinnamon
- Four – Peppercorns
- One-third Cup – French Beans(chopped)
- Half Cup Each Of – Green Peas(fresh or frozen), Carrots(diced), Cauliflower(diced), Potato(peeled and diced)
- One Small Piece Of Bay Leaf
- One Teaspoon – Ginger-Garlic Paste
- One Large Onion And Tomato(finely chopped)
- Half Cup – Yogurt(beaten)
- Half Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- One Teaspoon – Cumin-Coriander Powder
- Two Tablespoons – Oil
- Soak poppy seeds in one tablespoon hot water and cashew nuts in one-fourth hot water for fifteen minutes.
- Drain excess water from cashew nuts and add to the small chutney jar. Add soaked poppy seeds along with water.
- Grind them until medium coarse texture. If required, add some water.
- Add coconut, green chili, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, and peppercorns. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Wash and cut all vegetables(french beans, green peas, carrot, potato, and cauliflower) into small pieces.
- Boil one or two cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Add diced potato and salt to boil it for five minutes.
- Now add diced carrot, French beans, green peas, and cauliflower and boil until all vegetables are tender but little crunchy, it will take around five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain excess water, keep the water for later use.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add bay leaf and chopped onion. Saute until onion turns transparent then add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for two minutes then add tomato.
- Cook until tomatoes turn soft, now add prepared paste, stir and cook for two minutes. Stir continuously to prevent sticking.
- Add beaten yogurt, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for five to six minutes.
- Add boiled veggies and three-fourths cup water from the boiled vegetables. Taste the gravy for the salt add if required more.
- Mix well and cook until gravy turns thick, it will take around 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in between occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Turn off the heat and transfer vegetable korma curry to the serving bowl.
- If you like this vegetable korma share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below.
- Visit our website for more recipes.