Black Forest Cherry cake is a cake with layers with chocolate, canned cherries,and whipped cream. Infused with little brandy. Furthermore, Black Forest Cherry is a vegan recipe.
Ingredients for Black Forest Cherry Cake
- 170 Grams – Plain Flour
- 170 Grams – Sugar
- 50 Grams – cocoa
- One Teaspoon – Baking Soda
- Half Teaspoon – Salt
- One Teaspoon – Vanilla Essence
- One Teaspoon – Apple Cider vinegar
- 110 Millilitre – Vegetable Oil
- 230 Millilitre – Water
- Two Teaspoons – Cherry Brandy
- One – Canned Cherries
- 30 Grams – Arrowroot
- One and a Half Tablespoons – Cornmeal
- 140 Millilitre – Soy Milk(Sweetened)
- One Teaspoon – Vanilla Essence
- 55 Grams – Vegan Margarine.
Directions For Black Forest Cherry Cake
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add all the wet Ingredients except the water. Gradually add the water and mix until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Take an 8 inch round cake tin grease it with oil put butter paper and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for about 35-40 minutes. Check the cake with a skewer if it comes out clean the cake is baked.
- After removing it from the oven allow the cake to cool for sometime then remove it from the tin.
- Cut in to 3 layers.
- Soak the bottom layer of the cake with the cherry brandy.
- Drain the juice from the cherries and mix it with Arrowroot.
- Bring to boil and simmer until thickened. Add the cherries and spread on the bottom layer. Place the second layer on top.
- Mix the Cornmeal with the soy milk in a saucepan slowly and little, avoiding lumps.
- Add vanilla essence then heat and stir gently until it thickened. Keep it side to cool.
- Beat the Margarine with beater until it creams. Add the cool Cornmeal mixture a little at a time and blend until you have a rich smooth creamy mixture. You can add more soy milk if it seems too thick.
- Spread half of the mixture over the second layer of the cake then place the top layer on top.
- Spread half the rest of the mixture on top then use the rest to decorate as icing.
- Decorate with shavings of vegan chocolate and cherries.
A cherry is the fruit of many plants of the genus Prunus, and the fleshy drupe. The cherry fruits of commerce usually are obtained from a limited number of species such as cultivars of the sweet cherry.
The flavor and low calories content of the various sweet varieties make cherries an ideal snack or dessert during the relatively short time they are in season. Sour cherries, which are more nutritious than the sweet types, are used mostly for making jams and other preserves or are baked into pieces.
VARIETIES OF CHERRIES
There are more than 1,000 varieties of cherries worldwide. The most popular sweet cherries in North America are Bing and other dark colored varieties, ranging from deep maroon to almost black, and Lambert’s, which are a bright crimson.
Queen Anne’s are yellow with tinges of red, large, and very sweet. Sour varieties, or pie cherries, are smaller than the sweet types.
Sweet and sour cherries contains about 130 calories. Both are a source of beta carotene, vitamin C, and potassium, but sour cherries are much higher in beta carotene.
Because cherries are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber therefore it helps control blood cholesterol levels. Cherries are an abundant source of quercetin, a flavonoid with anticarcinogenic and antioxidant activities.
Research suggests that a substance in cherries called cyanidin has anti-inflammatory properties, an attribute that might help reduce the swelling and pain of gout.
BENEFITS OF CHERRY
- Low-calorie, almost fat-free sack or dessert.
- High in pectin, a soluble fiber that lowers cholesterol.
- Protects against Diabetes.
- Promotes better sleep.
- Decreases belly fat.
- Reduce risk of stroke.
- Slows the aging of skin
- Lower risks of gout attack.
- Reduce Muscle pain
- Cherry helps in blood pressure regulation.
- It also helps in osteoarthritis relief.
- Helps to prevent colon cancer.
- Hope you like Black Forest Cherry Cake recipe. We love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this recipe.
- Subscribe to our blog gofooddy and do visit to get more recipes, read more about cherries at Wikipedia.
- Do share with your friends and family. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.