Coconut Pineapple Kheer is a fruity twist to the Indian dessert kheer making it more delightful and delicious dish. Caramelized pineapple adds a very pleasing and tempting flavor to this dish. Hope you like this recipe as you did like the previous recipe Idli Manchurian.
Instructions For Coconut Pineapple Kheer:-
- Three-Fourth – Coconut Milk
- Two And Half Cup – Milk
- Two Tablespoons – Coconut(shredded)
- Two Teaspoons – Corn Starch
- One Can – Unsweetened Pineapple
- One + One-Third Tablespoons – Sugar
- One Tablespoon – Pistachios Slices For Garnish
- Boil the milk, coconut milk, coconut and one tablespoon of sugar in a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat together.
- After milk comes to boil lower the heat to medium and let it boil for about twenty minutes, stir the milk and scrape the sides occasionally.
- In a bowl mix cornstarch with two spoons of water and mix it very well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add cornstarch to the boiling milk, mix it well and boil for four to five minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and mix the milk for few seconds. Keep aside.
- Drain the syrup from pineapple, and slice them into about three-fourth inch cubes, save half the cubes and other half blend crushes.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat cook the pineapple cubes with remaining half of sugar, keep stirring occasionally.
- Slowly pineapple will start caramelized; this should take about four to five minutes.
- Take out half the pineapple over a generously greased wax paper to garnish.
- Next, add crushed pineapple to the remaining pineapple and cook for another two-three minutes till caramelized. Keep Aside.
- After milk and pineapple come to room temperature fold them together. Be very careful here make sure both are at room temperature or cold otherwise the milk will separate like in paneer.
- Garnish with caramelized pineapple and pistachios.
- Serve the coconut pineapple kheer chilled.
- If you like this coconut pineapple kheer do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe if have any.
- Visit our website for more interesting recipes and information about food and beverages.