- 11/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 11/4 tsp Baking soda
- 115 grams Dark chocolate
- 150 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup Demerara (brown) sugar
- 3 beaten Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup Hung yoghurt
- Pre-heat oven at 190 degree.
- Mix all-purpose flour and baking soda in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Melt dark chocolate in oven for 30 seconds. Dark chocolate can also be melted through double-boiler technique.
- Pour melted butter in a bowl, and add sugar to it. Fold the melted chocolate in the mixture.
- Whisky eggs them into a separate bowl. Add vanilla essence and hung yoghurt to the mixture of chocolate, butter & sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and all-purpose flour mixed with baking powder in the melted chocolate batter.
- Fold the mixture lightly.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and dust it with all-purpose flour. Now pour the chocolate batter in the tin.
- Tap the tin gently for spreading the cake mixture evenly.
- Cook the cake till 25-30 minutes at 190 degree.
- Demold the cake on cake stand and divide it into two equal parts.
- Decorate the cake with icing. Garnish with cherries and chocolate curls.
For chocolate Icing
Mix fresh cream with melted chocolate until it gives poring consistency. Once ready, pour the icing mixture on the cake and spread equally all over the cake with a flat spatula.
Refrigerate the cake for few minutes to set.
Q:How to check whether the cake is baked or half done?
A: Insert a toothpick in the cake and if the toothpick comes out clean means that the cake is baked.