Kaju Barfi is one of the most popular mouthwatering sweet in India during any festivals. And it is also one of the more expensive Indian sweets compared to other barfis. Hope you like this Kaju Barfi recipe as you did like my previous recipe Gond Ke Laddu.
- 1 cup – Cashews
- 1/2 cup – sugar
- 5 Tablespoon – Water
- 1 Tablespoon – Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon – Rose petals(chopped) or rose water or 8-9 strands of saffron (optional)
Directions For Kaju Barfi
- Powder the cashew in a coffee grinder or a dry grinder.
- The cashews should be in powdered form and not become pasty or oily.
- On a low flame heat sugar and water in a thick bottomed or non-stick pan or Kadai.
- Meanwhile, grease a plate or a tray and keep aside or keep butter papers ready.
- When all the sugar dissolved in the water add the cashew powder there is no consistency in the sugar syrup required like one string or two string just let the sugar dissolve in the water and then proceed to the next step.
- Stir and keep on stirring the cashew mixture on a low flame
- The cashew mixture would start thickening.
- Cook the cashew mixture for approx 7-9 minutes till the whole mixture starts to come together.
- Remove the whole lump of the cashew mixture from the pan and place it on the work surface, bowl or plate.
- Add the rose petals and ghee to cashew mixture.
- When the heat in the mixture is not enough to handle, then knead the cashew mixture.
- Flatten the cashew dough and place it on the butter paper or on a greased plate.
- Place a butter paper on top and then using a rolling pin, roll gently the dough from all sides till you reach a thickness of 3-4mm in the dough.
- Remove the butter paper and let the rolled cashew dough cool.
- When completely cooled, using a sharp knife cut the cashew dough giving square or diamond shapes.
- Gently remove the sliced cashew dough with a butter knife.
- Serve the cashew slices or kaju barfi straight away or keep in an airtight container.
- If you like this recipe of kaju barfi do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback on the comments below for this recipe and also welcome your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- If you have your own recipe to share with us please do. Keep visiting our website for more mouthwatering recipes.