Skip to content
Panch Ratan Dal is made with five different lentils. This recipe is full of protein and is a very famous recipe in India. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Spicy Pasta.
Ingredients For Panch Ratan Dal:-
- Thirty Grams Each Of – Whole Green Gram, Whole Black Gram, Whole Bengal Gram, And Whole Red Gram
- One Teaspoon – Black Cumin Seeds And Coriander Powder
- Two – Onions (chopped)
- Half Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder And Turmeric Powder
- Fennel Powder To Taste
- Two Teaspoon – Coriander Leaves
- Three Teaspoon – Clarified Butter
- Salt As Required
- Two Tablespoons – White Butter
- Two – Tomatoes (chopped)
- Half Cup – Yogurt
- A Pinch Of Garam Masala
- Wash the lentils in running water and soak for an hour, drain and keep aside.
- Chop the onion and clean, wash chop the coriander.
- Wash and finely chop the tomatoes and whisk the yogurt in a bowl.
- Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add cumin seeds and saute over medium heat until they begin to crackle.
- Add onions, saute until brown, add lentils and stir for four-five minutes.
- Then add water bring to a boil, now add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and cover and simmer until lentils are cooked.
- Mash the lentils lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle cumin and fennel powder, stir for two-three minutes.
- To prepare the tempering. Melt butter in a pan, add tomatoes, yogurt, and garam masala, and saute on medium heat until the fat leaves the sides.
- Put in the lentils and stir for three to four minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve the panch ratan dal with flatbread or rice.
- If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Share your own recipe with us write on us if you have your version of any recipe.
- Visit our website for more recipes and nutritional information.