Pumpkin Gnocchi is very easy and delicious recipe topped with sage butter enough to bring water in your mouth.
Ingredients For Pumpkin Gnocchi:-
- One Medium-Large – Russet Potato
- One Cup – Pumpkin Puree
- One And Three-Fourth Cups – All-Purpose Flour
- One – Egg
- One Teaspoon – Salt
- Two Tablespoons – Salted Butter
- Cheese To Garnish
- Two Tablespoons – Salted butter
- A Few Sage Leaves
- A Smashed Clove Of Garlic
- One Tablespoon – Flour And Heavy Whipping Cream
- Half Cup – Starchy Water
- First, bake the potato by making holes in it and wrap with a paper towel and bake for good five to six minutes. After bake pull off the skin.
- Let the potato rest for a while to cool down. Once it’s cool enough to handle, grate it until you have about one and a half cups of very fine potato shreds.
- Mix potato shreds with pumpkin puree.
HOW TO MAKE GNOCCHI
- Measure flour onto a clean surface and put the potato pumpkin mixture in the center. Make a well and crack your egg into it. Sprinkle salt on top. Grab a fork and whisk up the egg real quick.
- By using hands, mix the ingredients into a dough. Do not over mix.
- When it starts to come together, form the dough into a mostly smooth, rounded little loaf.
- Cut off slices of the mound and roll each one into a long rope. Cut the rope into bite-sized pieces. Place the gnocchi pieces on a plate by making sure they do not stick to each other.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi, carefully, one at a time, to the water. When the gnocchi rises to the top of the pot of boiling water, immediately remove them.
- Set them aside.
- Melt your unsalted butter in a large non-stick pan and pan fry the gnocchi till lightly crisp on one side and soft on another side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same non-stick pan, add butter, sage leaves, and garlic clove. Let the garlic and sage cook for a few minutes over low flame.
- When the sage leaves are starting to get crispy, remove from flame. Remove garlic as well. When it’s melted add the flour and whisk. Add the heavy whipping cream and whisk. Now add the starchy water slowly, whisking to make a thick sauce.
- Toss with gnocchi, top with sage leaves and cheese.
- Finally, Pumpkin Gnocchi is ready to serve.