Buckwheat parathas are high in protein and fiber which gives energy during fasting. It’s also gluten-free so low in calories.
- Two Cups – kuttu ka aata(Buckwheat Flour)
- One – Large Potato
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- One – Green Chilli(finely chopped)
- Rock salt as required
- Warm water as required
- Ghee as required
- Boil the potato till it completely cooked. Peel and mash the potato when still warm.
- In a bowl take buckwheat flour, mashed potato, rock salt, green chopped chilli, coriander leaves.
- Add little water and start to knead. Keep on adding little parts of water and knead a dough. Don’t make it too moist otherwise you won’t be able to knead paratha.
- Take a clean, moist cotton cloth.
- Take a medium sized ball and placed on the cloth. Fold the cloth and roll the dough ball with a rolling-pin .
- Make round paratha by rotating the folded cotton cloth. The paratha should be rolled slightly thick.
- Remove cotton cloth from the rolled paratha.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Placed the rolled paratha on the tawa by gently removing the cotton cloth.
- When one side is slightly cooked, flip it and cook the other side.
- Apply ghee on top and flip it again to cook for few minutes. Meanwhile apply ghee on the other side on top.
- Few more flips untill the paratha have brown patches.
- Make all parathas this way.
- Serve kuttu ke aate ka paratha with any fasting vegetable dishes or yogurt.
- Hope you like this recipe and also like to try during your fasting. We love to hear your feedback in the comment below and also like your suggestions.
- We are also in social media log on to www.gofooddy.com for more such recipes.
- Do share this recipe with ur friends and family. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.