Skip to content
Healthy gluten free flat breads made with rajgira flour. Usually made during fasting days, but you can made even your regular days. It gives you nutrients during your fasting.
- 250 Grams – Rajgira Flour(Amaranth Flour)
- Two – Medium Potatoes
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- Two – Green Chillies(finely chopped)
- Rock salt as required
- Ghee as required
- First boil two Medium sized potatoes in a pressure cooker till they are soft and tender.
- In a bowl take rajgira flour, when the potatoes are slightly hot, peel them, mash them lightly and add to the rajgira flour.
- Now add the chopped green chillies, cumin powder, and rock salt as per taste. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Add water in small parts and knead the flour into a smooth dough. Allow the dough to come at room temperature as it will be slightly warm due to the addition of the hot mashed potatoes.
- Make a medium size balls from the dough. Dust with rajgira flour.
- Roll to a medium sized paratha, while rolling sprinkle some rajgira flour if required to avoid sticking.
- Keep a moist kitchen towel or cotton cloth while making the paratha. Take a medium sized dough balls and place it on the moist cotton cloth.
- With your palms gently press the dough ball and flatten it till it increases the size. The edges comes out neat and not uneven.
- Heat the non-stick tawa, now place the cloth upside down on a hot tawa and peel the cotton cloth.
- As one side is partly cooked, flip other side with the help of spatula.
- Apply ghee on one side. Flip again and apply ghee on this side too.
- Flip the paratha a couple of times till the rajgira paratha has become golden and roasted evenly.
- Serve this hot paratha with yogurt or any fasting curry dish.
- Hope you like this paratha recipe and like to try this at home. We love to hear your feedback for this recipe in the comment below.
- For more such recipes log on to www.gofooddy.com, we are also on social media you can follow us there too.
- Will bring you some more recipes to you. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.