Black Beans Quinoa is an alternative to your traditional rice and beans. This is a vegan and gluten-free recipe to give your family a healthy meal. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Pigeon Pea Kofta Curry.
For Black Beans
- Two Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- One Small – Onion
- One Clove – Garlic
- One – Jalapeno(deseeded)
- One-Fourth – Ground Black Pepper
- Half Teaspoon Each Of – Salt, Chili Powder, Coriander, Cumin
- Two And A Half Cups – Sweet Potato(Diced)
- One+One-Fourth Cups – Water
- Three-Fourth Cups – Cooked Black Beans
- One – Lime Wedges
- One-third Cup – Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
For The Quinoa
- One Cup – Quinoa
- Two Cups – Water
- One-Fourth Teaspoon Each Of – Salt, Cumin, Coriander, Chili Powder
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water. Drain and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the water, salt, cumin, chili, and coriander.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover the saucepan leaving the lid slightly ajar and simmer until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is cooked up to 15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat but leave it covered.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion, the garlic, and jalapeno.
- Chop the sweet potato into small-medium dice.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a skillet, add the onion and cook a couple of minutes until the onions begin to soften, stir and add the garlic and jalapeno.
- Cook for a couple of minutes or until soften and add the salt and spices, give it a good stir.
- Add the sweet potatoes and water to the skillet, simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes keeping an eye in the water level in the skillet and the doneness of the sweet potatoes. If the water if absorbed before the potatoes are cooked add one-fourth water and continue to simmer.
- Once the potatoes are cooked thru add the black beans to warm them.
- To finish add the cooked quinoa, coriander and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Serve wedges of lime, crumbled feta cheese, and extra chopped coriander leaves.
- If you like this recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Share your own version of this recipes.
- Visit our website for more recipes and nutritional information.