Potato Rolls stuffed with nutritious spinach and tofu make this rolls healthy and full of nutrients, with some grounded spices great for lunch or dinner meals. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Peach Mushroom Biryani.
- One Stalk – Spinach(finely chopped)
- One Tablespoon – Vegetable Oil
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds(grounded)
- One Teaspoon – Coriander(grounded)
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Black Pepper(grounded)
- One Teaspoon – Paprica
- 250 Grams – Tofu(firm and diced)
- Two Large – Potatoes
- Eight Teaspoons – Cornstarch
- One Fourth Teaspoon – Nutmeg(grounded)
- Salt to taste
- Half Cup – Bread crumbs
Directions For Potato Rolls
- Cook the spinach separately with little water, squeeze the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan slightly fry the cumin, coriander, black pepper, and paprica. Keep it aside
- Add diced tofu stir fry for few minutes till all the flavors mix together.
- Add the cooked spinach and stir fry for extra more minute. Set aside to cool.
- Boil the potatoes, let cool. Peel and mash the potatoes.
- Add the corn starch, grounded spices, salt and knead to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into eight parts.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on the chopping board and flatten the dough to form a rectangular shape with little thickness.
- Place some stuffing along the center of the rectangle. Fold the lateral sides and dough to form a roulade. Repeat the same with the rest of the dough
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease the baking dish with oil and carefully place all the rolls on the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, till the crust is crisp and golden in color.
- Enjoy the potato rolls with your choice of chutney or sauce.
Potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial nightshade Solanum tuberosum. Potatoes are cultivated worldwide, infact, they are the world’s largest and most economically important vegetable crop. Potatoes are major component of the diet-usually in processed forms that are high in fat and salt.
There are many varieties of potato, but yams and sweet potatoes are not among them; they are not even related tothe white potato, which is a member of the nightshade family, and is related to peppers and tomatoes.
Potatoes are surprisingly nutritious and low in calories. When eaten with the skin, they are high in complex carbohydrates and fiber; one medium-size baked potato with the skin provides the 25 mg of vitamin C, which is more than 25 % of the adult Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA), along with a good supply of vitamin B6, thiamine, niacin, and magnesium, 800 mg of potassium, and a moderate amount of zinc. The skin are rich in chlorogenic acid, a phytochemical that has anticancer properties.
Many people think potatoes are fattening, but this is true only when they are fried or served with butter and rice sauces. A medium-size baked or boiled potato has between 120 and 150 calories, a small amount of protein, and almost no fat. The same potato turn into potato chips has 450 to 500 calories and up to 35 grams of fat. french fries and other processed potatoes are almost high in salt.
- If you enjoyed this recipe of potato rolls please do share with your family and friends, or sharing it on Facebook or Twitter as we are socially active there and also on other social media.
- If you have your own recipes like this please do share with us. We welcomed your suggestions and queries if any about this recipe. It helps us do better.
- Keep visiting our website for more recipes. Stay tuned for for next post which can be more healthy and nutritious. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.