Vegetable Burrito is a type of Mexican food consisting a large wheat flour tortillas with a filling, wrapped into a closed-ended cylinder, in contrast to a taco, where the tortilla is simply folded around the filling. The flour tortillas are sometimes lightly grilled or steamed to soften it, makes it more plane and allow it to adhere to itself when wrapped.
- Half kg – boiled kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons – olive oil
- Half teaspoon each of – cumin powder, coriander powder, chili powder, Tabasco sauce
- 2 lemons
- Half onion
- Chopped lettuce
- Processed mozzarella cheese
FOR SALSA SAUCE:-
- Two tomatoes
- One onion
- Two jalapeno
- One lime
- A handful of coriander leaves
- One teaspoon cumin
- A handful of spring onion
- 4 corn Tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno.
- In a bowl, add chopped tomatoes, onion, spring onion, jalapeno, and one lime.
- Add coriander leaves for the freshness and season it with cumin seeds, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Mix them well.
For the burritos
- In a pan add olive oil and then heat the pan for a while.
- Add kidney beans and slightly mash them.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, chili powder and let the beans cook for sometime.
- Then add tabasco sauce and squeeze in half a lime to lift the flavor of kidney beans.
- Chop some onion and add it to kidney beans.
- In a plate take corn tortillas and add kidney beans mixture, salsa sauce, and coriander leaves.
- Season it with salt.
- Now fold the tortilla and put it into a baking dish pre-sprayed with olive oil.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese and put the baking dish into the oven for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Finish with coriander leaves.