Asafoetida is an important part of Indian cuisine. It is a latex gum extracted from various species of a perennial herb known as ferula. The distinct flavour and aroma can transform any boring dish.
This ingredient has long been known for the health benefits. It offer prominent place in traditional medicine. Also, it has properties such as carminative and anti-viral. Not only anti bacterial but also anti-inflammatory, sedative including diuretic properties.
Hope you like this info as you did like my previous post Health Benefits Of Flattened Rice.
What is Asafoetida
Asafoetida is a kind of herb, most often used in Indian kitchen. Moreover, can easily find it on Indian store. Asafoetida not only gives aroma to your food but also have multiple health benefit. Moreover, it is used very little in recipe (1 or 2 pinch) due to strong aroma.
Where to buy Asafoetida powder near me
Asafoetida is easily available in any Indian store . Although it is cheap and a bottle is enough for long use. You just have to ask for HING in Indian store.
Is asafoetida spice
It could be called as spice or herb. Asafoetida is extracted from Ferula Assa-Foetida.
Health Benefits Of Asafoetida
Helps Reduce bloating and other stomach problems
- Thus it is an old medicine for stomach problems including gas bloating, intestinal worms and flatulence. It has anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that helps alleviate such health issues.
- In case of stomach issue small consumption of small amount give relief.
- Regular consumption of asafoetida in small amount by adding it into gravy or lentils. Similarly, works as Ayurveda medicine.
Helps Relieve Asthma
- It comforts by relieving respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis, dry cough, due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and antibiotic effects.
- In addition, also help in relieving chest congestion and releasing phlegm.
May Lower Blood Pressure Levels
- Asafoetida is known to be a natural blood thinner and undoubtedly help in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Importantly it is power-packed with coumarin, a compound that aids in improving blood flow, thereby preventing the formation of clots.
May Relieve Menstrual Pain
- Asafoeditda may come to your rescue by alleviating the menstrual pain and cramps in the lower abdomen and back.
- It is a natural blood thinner, it helps blood flow smoothly without hampering any part of your body.
- As a result, it also boosts progesterone secretion that promotes easy blood flow, thus relief from pain.
- If you like this post do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. And also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Share your piece of information if you have any.
- Visit our website for more such information and recipes.