Egg Curry is a curry recipe with spices and coconut that makes the fried eggs more aromatic and tasty to resist. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Vegetables Momos With Gravy.
- Six – Eggs
- 200 Ml – Coconut Oil
- One Tablespoon – Fish Flakes(paste)
- 3 cm Piece – Cinnamon Stick
- 3 cm – Piece Pandanus Leaf
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds(Toasted)
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Dill Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Chilli Powder
- Three – Garlic Cloves(roughly chopped)
- One – Onion(finely chopped)
- Two – Small Green chili(finely chopped)
- One Sprig – Curry Leaves
- 350 ml – Coconut Cream
- Half Teaspoon – Grated Turmeric
- Handful Of Coriander Leaves
- In a medium saucepan and bring water to boil, then plunge the eggs into the water and boil for five minutes.
- Remove the eggs and refresh in iced water until cool.
- Carefully peel the cooked eggs, then prick them all over with a fork and lightly salt them. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan.
- When the oil is heating, combine all the remaining ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the onions are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Deep fry the eggs in the hot coconut oil for one minute or until golden
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Add all the eggs to the curry sauce and simmer for four to five minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
Eggs are a nutrients powerhouse. Like other animals proteins, those supplied by eggs contain all the essential amino acids. in one 70-calorie egg, you get protein, B vitamins, vitamins A and D, zinc, and, iron.
Eggs are also an excellent source of vitamin B12, which is essential for proper nerve function. Because vitamin B12 is found only in animal products, people who do not eat meat can rely on eggs as an important source of this vitamin.
Eggs are a good source of the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, linked to a reduced risk of age-related muscular degeneration, a leading cause of blindness in older adults.
Omega-3 fat enhanced eggs are new to the egg world. They are laid by hens fed a diet high in flaxseed. Their yolk is rich in omega-3 fats, the polyunsaturated fats associated with lower risk of heart disease and stroke. These eggs are lower in saturated fat and are a better source of vitamin E than regular eggs.
EGGS AND ALLERGIES
Eggs are among the foods most likely to trigger allergic reactions. People who are allergic to eggs should be on the lookout for obvious sources, such as mayonnaise and sauces, pancakes, waffles, and bakery items, as well as sherbets and ice cream. They should always check food labels for telltale terms.
These include albumin, globulin, ovomucin, and vitellin, which are all ingredients derived from eggs. Those allergic to eggs should also avoid flu shots and other vaccines incubated in eggs.
Protein is composed of 20 different amino acids. Nine of these amino acids cannot be made by the body. These nine are considered essential amino acids and must come from food. Food that contains all nine essential amino acids is called “complete protein” foods.
- If you like my recipe of egg curry do share with your family and friends on Facebook and Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below and also welcome your suggestions and queries for this recipe.
- If you have your own recipe to share do share it with us and keep visiting our website for such more recipes. Till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.