Fish are high in protein because they carry a massive bulk of muscle on a much more spindly skeleton than land animals do. Fish are consumed as food by many species, including human.
- 500 grams – Boneless Fish pieces
- 4 cups – Basmati Rice
- 6 – Large Onions(Half sliced, Half paste)
- 4 – Green Chilli(split)
- One Large Teaspoon – Ginger-garlic Paste
- One cup – Chopped Coriander Leaves
- One cup – Yoghurt
- 3 Tablespoons – Ghee( Clarified Butter)
- 4 Tablespoons – Cooking Oil
- Salt as required
- 4 Tomatos Chopped
- One Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- One Tablespoon – Almonds (Sliced)
- One Tablespoon – Cashew Nuts Crushed
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Large Cinnamon
- One Teaspoon – Garam Masala
- Water as required
- Two Tablespoons – Rose Water
- Wash the rice and soak in water fir 30 minutes.
- Take three onions and cut them into thin slices. Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan and fry the onions till they become crisp and golden brown but not burnt. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan add some more oil and fry the fish till crispy, in between sprinkle little turmeric powder and salt to fish and fry both sides. When fish is done take it out into a plate and keep aside.
- In other frying pan heat three tablespoons of oil add green chillies, onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, saute for few minutes or til they become brown.
- Now add tomatoes, Yoghurt, and salt. Cook it till the gravy leaves oil. Put some water to avoid sticking the gravy. Add the fried fish pieces, lemon juice, and coriander leaves. Stir and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in another vessel for cooking rice, add split green chillies, sliced onions, Cardamom, Cinnamon, add the soaked rice drained water from it. Stir gently.
- Now add enough water to cook the rice ( you can also use hot water to quickly cook the rice), and salt to taste and rose water.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the rice cook. Drain the water from the rice when half tender.
- Now take a heavy bottomed vessel, add the half cooked rice in a layer at the bottom of the vessel. Add a layer of fish gravy, layered fried onion, almonds, cashew nuts and little garam masala. Again cover with the layer of rice. Repeat the layer and end with fish gravy on top. Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
- Cover the vessel with aluminum foil. Put the vessel on low flame and cook the biryani in its own steam for 30- 40 minutes or till tender.
- Serve hot with raita and curry.
Unlike whole plant foods, fish is low in antioxidants, and phytonutrients and contains cholesterol, saturated animal fat, and is relatively high in methionine, an amino acid that one may want to reduce consumption of to maximize longevity to reduce cancer risk.