Makhani Fish is a creamy, little tangy, spicy curry spread melted butter on top perfect to serve with boiled rice. Hope you like the makhani fish recipe as you did like my previous recipe Cheese Bites.
Ingredients for makhani fish:-
- One Kilo – Fish
- One Lime Juice
- Salt As Required
- One Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- Six – Cloves
- Eight To Ten – Peppercorns And Almonds
- One Inch – Cinnamon Stick
- Two – Bay Leafs
- Seeds From Two To Three Pods Of Cardamom
- One Cup – Fresh Yogurt
- Three Tablespoons – Vegetable Oil
- Two – Onions(chopped)
- Two Teaspoons – Garlic Paste
- One Teaspoon – Ginger Paste And Cumin Powder
- Two Teaspoons – Coriander Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- Half Kilo – Tomatoes
- Half Litre – Fish Stock
- Two Tablespoons – Kasuri Methi
- Three Tablespoons – Soft Butter
- Coriander Leaves To Garnish
- Mix the fish, lime juice, salt and red chili powder in a large glass bowl. Cover and allow to marinate for one hour.
- Heat a flat pan on medium heat and gently roast the cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon, bay leaves, and almonds till they darken slightly.
- Cool and add the Cardamom seeds. Now grind them coarsely in a clean grinder.
- Mix the yogurt, above whole spice powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder together and add them to the fish.
- Allow marinating for another hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onions. Fry till a pale golden brown in color and then add the ginger and garlic pastes. Fry them for a minute.
- Now add only the fish from the fish-spice mix and fry till sealed fish turn opaque and the fish will go from pink to whitish in color. Stir very gently.
- Time to add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes, fish stock, kasuri methi and remaining part of the yogurt-spice mix to the fish.
- Cook till the fish is tender and the gravy is reduced to half it’s original volume. Stir very gently now and then to avoid breaking the fish up.
- Melt the butter in another small pan and then pour it all over the fish.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot the makhani fish with naan.