Tomato Pickle is traditionally Andhra Pradesh recipe which is made with sun-dried tomatoes. It is easy to made and can be stored for a long time too. Here we are using fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes. Hope you like this tomato pickle recipe as you did like my previous recipe Masala Mushroom.
Ingredients For Tomato Pickle:-
- Two Kilo – Tomatoes(cut in halves and slice into slices)
- Two To Three Tablespoons – Salt
- One Teaspoon – Sugar
- Two Hundred Mililetre – Oil
- One Teaspoon Each Of – Mustard Seeds And Cumin Seeds
- One Tablespoon – Urad Dal
- Six – Dry Red Chili(deseed)
- Five To Six – Curry Leaves
- One Heaped Teaspoon – Asafoetida
- Two And A Half Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them into slightly thin long pieces. Keep aside
- Heat Fifty-milliliter oil in a large heavy bottom pan, add the tomatoes and cook on high heat for three minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook for at least an hour.
- Mix the tomatoes once in a while. Continue to cook till the water is almost evaporated. Keep mashing the tomatoes lightly with a ladle. It should be like a thick yet slightly loose consistency chunky sauce.
- Turn off the heat.
- Heat 150 ml oil in a separate pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add urad dal and dry red chilis and allow the dal to turn red. Add curry leaves, asafoetida and mix for a few seconds.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool for a minute before adding the red chili powder. Mix and add this tempering immediately to the cooked tomato mixture.
- Now turn on the heat, add two and a half tablespoons salt and cook the tomato mixture till the oil floats on top.
- Check the salt and if required add more. Turn off the heat and let the pickle cool completely and remove to a serving bowl.
- Serve this tomato pickle with any tiffin recipe or with rice.
- If you like his tomato pickle recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more Interesting recipes and information.