Introduction of Guava:
What type of fruit is a guava?
Guava is a fruit that grows in tropical as well as subtropical regions. You can make 5 Quick Guava Recipes that help to boost immunity and contains an enormous amount of Vitamin C. Guava is an oval-shaped fruit available in green, white and pink color. Moreover, Guava has many edible seeds and its skin is either thick or thin.
Guava is a tropical fruit used for several purposes. It is eaten fresh or used to make Guava Recipes like beverages, jams, snacks, and other foodstuffs. Moreover, Guava juice, fruit, and leaves are used as medicines. People suffering from Cancer, Cough, Colic, High Blood Pressure, Diarrhea use guava fruit extensively. The Guava fruit juice is a very rich source of Fiber, Vitamin C, Antioxidants and many more. Antioxidants help a person to reduce the harmful effects of the oxidation. Hence, guava is used for medical purposes.
Uses of Guava:
Some food experts do understand the Guava flavors and hence, they use it in making various dishes. Guava agua fresca is one of the most popular Mexican beverages. Moreover, make cook sauces, dried snacks desserts, fruit bars and lots more.
People eat raw Guava along with chili powder, a pinch of salt and pepper powder in India. Guava is the national fruit of Pakistan and also popular fruit in other countries.
Make candies, jellies, jams, marmalade, and preserves with Guavas because it has a higher level of pectin. That was a pretty big list! It is sure very few people have an idea about Guava dishes.
So let us know them all in detail:
5 Quick Guava Recipes:
Guava is a tempting fruit and Guava Recipes are delicious in taste. You can make several delicious Guava recipes within some time. So attention aspiring foragers, you may not have to go very far to gather your food. Just check the little green sphere’s fleshy part and get going. Rate the recipe which you like.
Here are 5 quick Guava Recipes and you can make the most use of the sweet Guava this season. Don’t miss the last one.
1. Guava Jelly:
There are many Guavas available in the market. So why not purchase them in loads and make sweet Guava Jelly for your kids? Guavas have a very high level of pectin and hence, there is no need to add extra artificial substance. It only takes some minutes to make the Guava Jelly.
Let us know it in detail:
How to make Guava Jelly
- Gather all the above ingredients in a saucepan.
- Boil them and reduce heat flow to medium-low and mix them all for 30 minutes. Let them cool.
- Pour the mixture to separate out the Guava seeds. Use a large spoon, press down the solids from the mixture and release the juice.
- Likewise, pour the Guava mixture to the saucepan and boil again.
- Furthermore, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer it for 40 long minutes and make it thick.
- Let it cool, pour into the jars and refrigerate it.
- The Guava will get thicken and enjoy the soft dish.
2. Banana Guava Rum Daiquiris:
Now, this is an interesting blending of banana and Guava which makes it one of the 5 Quick Guava Recipes. You can say it is a deadly combination of both the fruits. Furthermore, the Banana Guava Rum Daiquiris fusion consists of lime juice, white rum, ripe bananas, and Guavas syrup.
Banana Guava Rum Daiquiris
How to Make Guava syrup
- In order to make Guava Syrup, pour the guavas in a saucepan.
- Add enough water. Now, boil at the lower flame and cook till guavas become soft. Remove the seeds and press the Guava flesh properly on strainer.
- Furthermore, mix the Guava liquid and stir well. Boil and mix for 30 minutes. Let it cool and serve well.
3. Indian Chutney using Guava:
Indian style Chutney is very simple and trendy. It is like sauce known as chutney in India. Use as a side dish, it is a quick and healthy choice.
Guava Chutney Recipe
How to make Guava Chutney Recipe
- Wash the mint and coriander leaves
- Add to blender and add other ingredients too
- Blend all the ingredients until paste smooth.
- Serve with paratha.
4. Guava Drink:
Making Guava Juice is very easy. Its less calories, suits best with on diet or gymming people.
It is a delicious meal. Moreover, it is high in fiber and it is perfect for breakfast and evening munch. Likewise, it is best for cocktail parties as Guava Mojito. Guava with coconut milk and vanilla ice-cream as a Guava smoothie.
- Rinse the guava in tap water to clean it.
- Not cut it into smaller pieces as this will help to grind faster.
- Take a grinder jar add chopped guava, sugar and cup of water.
- Now grind it until turn smooth, as seed takes time to get smooth else it feels like sand in your drink . If you dont like seed, use deseed guava technique before you grind it.
- After it turn smooth, take a large bowl with strainer and pour the mixture in it.
- Stir with spoon to get it strain faster.
- Now take a serving glass and pour the drink in it. Add some ice cubes to get more refreshment
5. Guava Ice cream :
Do you have guava and haven’t tried guava homemade ice cream recipe ? Isn’t is unfair!
Just in few quick steps you can turn your favourite fruit guava into delicious, lips smacking ice cream. So whenever life gives you guava, make it guava ice cream.
We all remember, whenever there is season we get so many discount and offers on seasonal fruits. we bring it in bulk and think what to make from it. Nevertheless, the recipes which we can be store for longer time and it remain healthy and tasty. So, why not Ice cream? Kids too love to eat & we dont have to worry when it is made up of fruit that too at home with your hands.
So let’s checkout how you can make tasty guava ice cream. Not only that but how you can bring a yummy twist to it.
Guava Ice cream recipe
Homemade Guava Ice cream Recipe
- Chop the guava into medium pieces with help of knife.
- Now, take a blender. Whichever you have electric or coffee grinder.
- Add chopped guava, 1 cup condensed milk and 3-4 tablespoon sugar. Sugar can be adjusted as per your taste.
- Blend it to fine puree and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of each milk powder and cream. Whisk it well.
- Transfer it to air tight container and freeze it to 7-8 hours.
Sprinkle for Guava chilli Ice cream Recipe
- Take 2 pinch of chilli powder and salt.
- Mix it well, you can add chat masala as well if you like.
- After you finish with given time, remove the container from fridge and scoop it into serving bowl. Sprinkle it with chilli mix.
What are the benefits of guava?
Guava is tasty as well as very beneficial for health. It has Vitamin C almost 275.5 mg/cup. Moreover, Guavas are one of the greatest sources to fight diseases like common cold and cough. Likewise, Guavas are highly responsible for boosting and fostering WBC viz White Blood Cells in the body. The fruit can also help to lose weight and control extra blood sugars. They are greatly responsible for weight loss as they contain a high level of fiber. Moreover, one of the interesting benefits of Guavas are they control blood pressure and it is a diabetic friendly fruit. It makes the heart stronger and also controls obesity.
The tropical fruit is also known to improve skin as it contains Vitamin A. Likewise, it also improves the eyesight of a human being. Guavas are one of the best fruits.
Love the post or tried some?