How to make a simple dessert that too in a short time and with few ingredients? .
Made with just 3 ingredients, this recipe of Coconut Fudge is a rich and creamy dessert. It has a delicate consistency that every bite just melts in your mouth.
This dessert dish is easy to make and requires no baking or greater cooking. Since coconuts are widely available, you can make this dish whenever you want. Check out more such coconut recipes at GoFooddy. Now let’s begin with the preparation.
- Using fresh or dried coconut, completely depends on your preference. Both taste good.
- If using a fresh coconut, grate the white portion of the coconut, omitting the brown outer layer.
- When using desiccated coconut , be sure to soak the dry coconut in milk beforehand to achieve a smooth consistency. Put ¾ cup of warm milk in a bowl . Mix the dry coconut into the warm milk. Give it a good stir and let sit for one hour.
- When buying desiccated coconut look for one with fine texture . If it is coarse you can grind them once in a blender.
Easy Coconut Fudge Recipe – No Flour No Baking!!
- Grated or desiccated coconut – 1 Cup
- Coconut Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Condensed Milk or Regular Cow Milk – 3/4 Cup
- Cinnamon Powder -1/2 Tsp
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Chopped Nuts – As per needed
- Heat a pan add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the pan.
- Now, add the grated white portion of the coconut or If using desiccated coconut , add all of the milk-soaked coconut and stir to mix it with the oil.
- Reduce the heat and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the coconut releases its flavors.
- Finally, add in ¾ cup of either plain milk or condensed milk. ( i used unsweetened one)
- Add two teaspoons of sugar at this point. You can adjust the sweetness to your preference by adding.
- After that, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Cook the ingredients while stirring.
- The mixture will become denser, thicken, and become less wet. To prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan’s bottom, keep stirring.
- Stir until you see little oil releasing from the sides of the mixture and it starts coming together in the pan.
- Reaching this consistency will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Grease some oil in a pan or mold tray
- Now add the fudge mixture in a greased plate or tray.
- Use ladle to even the mixture out keeping it as thin as 1 inch of height.
- You can sprinkle a pinch of crushed nuts like cashews or raisins and sometimes few saffron strands on top of the fudge.
You can also keep them in fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Once the fudge has cooled completely at room temperature, then slice it into squares shapes.
You can also keep them in fridge for 2 to 3 days
Tips for tasty Coconut fudge
- Be careful not to scrape the brown skin off the coconut when grating it.
- If it is too soft to cut into pieces, we need to cook the fudge for a little while longer. Simply reheat the mixture, continue cooking it over low heat until all of the moisture has been absorbed, and then transfer it once more to the tray
- When you slice into long strips it resembles like a granola bars !!
- Don’t forget to use a generous amount of nuts to give the fudge a delicious and crispy texture. Nuts that pair well with the fudge include cashews, almonds, and pistachios.
If you’re using sweetened condensed milk , check for sweetness before adding sugar.
- Any sweeteners, such as palm sugar or jaggery, can be used.
- Always cut the fudge once they are cooled
- Do try on this recipe ! Whenever you feel having sweets or on any special occasions. They are perfect as healthy dessert, snack, and all of your sugar desires.