Okra is one of the nutritional plant food and thus we should include it in a routine diet. This vegetable can be cooked in various ways and today lets know one of the delicious recipes.
- 500 grams of Okra/Ladyfinger/Gumba/Bhindi
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 1 teaspoon each of cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder
- salt to taste
- refined oil
- Wash the okras under running water and drain them. make use of colander for washing this vegetable.
- Pat this plant food with a kitchen towel to make this okra completely dry. Now, chop off these ladyfingers from both the sides and keep them aside.
- Heat 5-6 tablespoon of refined oil in a pan and let it heat.
- Now add all these okra to the pan. Fry them well. Remember the vegetable will turn dark in color. So remove them as soon as the okra become soften.
- Now use the leftover oil in the pan by adding cumin seeds to it. Also, add green cardamom to it and let them fry for a second.
- Now, blend the tomato, onion, ginger, and garlic into a fine paste and add it to the spices in the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let all the ingredients simmer. Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder and cardamom powder to the gravy once it oil starts oozing out from it.
- Now add a little bit of salt to it and also add some water. Again cover the pan and let the gravy simmer.
- After 2-3 minutes add all the okras that were kept aside and mix gently.
- Prepare a bowl of steamed rice or flatbreads.
- Serve hot.