Grapefruit Yoghurt Parfait with Cocos and Amaranth – doesn’t that sound like a delicious combo?
Just the right thing to recharge you after a long hectic day at the office or your place of work.
The combination of creamy yogurt, sweet honey, popped amaranth and fruity grapefruit is nicely light but nevertheless super saturating. By the way, the Grapefruit Yoghurt Parfait is also great for a cozy brunch on the weekend or an impressive breakfast for the loved ones.
And look at the colors. I find that food often looks SO beautiful – this fast parfait is definitely no exception.
For all who haven’t heard of Amaranth; it is often referred to as pseudo cereals, since the seeds are used similarly to cereals. However, the small seeds are gluten-free and a proper power food – the biological value of the proteins even exceeds that of the proteins in the milk.
Grapefruit Yoghurt Parfait
- 20g Coconut chips
- 1 grapefruit
- 250g yogurt
- 10g popped Amaranth
- 2 ELECTRICAL Honey
Instructions in making Grapefruit Yoghurt Parfait with Cocos and Amaranth
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and roast the coconut chips on a baking sheet for three to four minutes light brown. Peel the grapefruit and cut out the fillets.
- Now successively fill 3 tablespoons of yogurt, a few grapefruit fillets, 1 tablespoons of coconut chips, 2 tablespoons of amaranth and a half tablespoons of honey in a beautiful glass. Repeat the whole process. Drap the remaining fillets on top and sprinkle with the remaining coconut chips. Enjoy!
You tried the recipe?
Let’s know how it tasted you!
Comment, review and don’t forget to meet us with #gofooddy on Instagram. Thank you!
Tips for the Grapefruit Yoghurt Parfait with Cocos and Amaranth recipe
- Choose Ripe Grapefruits: For a blast of freshness and sweetness in every layer of your parfait, choose ripe, juicy grapefruits. Look for fruit that has vivid, firm skin and feels hefty for its size.
- Sweetness and Tang: Choose a yogurt with the desired level of sweetness to adjust the sweetness of your parfait. The tartness of the grapefruit will be balanced, resulting in a pleasant flavor profile.
- Prepare the grapefruit segments, yogurt, and any other components ahead of time for easy assembly when you’re ready to serve. This makes it an easy and quick option for breakfast or a light snack.
- Experiment with Yogurt variations: To add various textures, try different yogurt variations such as Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt.
Now I wish you a wonderful day of love,