Although we enjoy cooking chicken recipes , we do feel bored making the same old grills and soups. This is a brand-new recipe that chicken lovers would adore. As you come across the name, to your surprise this food is nowhere connected to Japan. This dish is based on fried chicken cooked in a creamy white cashew milk sauce with loads of flavors of garlic and pepper.
It was once a trending recipe in India. So I decided to give this dish a shot, and I must say that it turned out fantastic. So I wanted to share it with you all .
What is Japan Chicken basically?
As I said before, Japan chicken has nothing to do with Japanese cuisine . This recipe has an interesting birth story. It was a recreational recipe of chicken curry for a Japanese customer who visited Erode, a small city in the Southern part of India . The Japanese client requested chicken with a moderate flavor because they are unable to tolerate spicy food. Later on, this recipe went viral in that place.
Japan chicken is a simple on the go chicken recipe.it is quick to create at home and simple to follow. The preparation for this dish is really familiar because it has many similar ingredients like malai chicken or mac n cheese chicken. You can enjoy it as a snack or accompany with vegetable sushi to bring out Japanese feel of meal platter !! .
Other Similar recipes
Japan Chicken – Recreating the viral recipe !!
- Milk – 2 cups
- All Purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour- 4 tbsp
- Boneless Chicken – 500 grams
- Cashew Powder – ¼ cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic chopped – 15 nos
- Green chilies slit – 5 nos
- White pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
Frying the chicken
- Take chicken in a bowl.
- Add in salt, white pepper powder and mix well.
- Add corn flour, all purpose flour and little water and mix really well to form a thick mass.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop chicken in hot oil and fry till golden brown around 5 to 6 mins.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add in garlic and sauté for a few seconds. Add in green chilies and mix well.
- Pour in milk, cashew powder, salt, sugar and white pepper.
- Mix well.
Serving Japan chicken
- Add the fried chicken and thoroughly coat it with the sauce.
- For five minutes, let the chicken simmer in the sauce.
- The sauce will coat the chicken and get thicker.
- Serve Hot !!
Tips for making perfect Japan chicken
- To make chicken flavorful You can also add oregano seasoning.
- Instead of cashew powder . You can add almond powder as well.
- This dish gets its taste from garlic. So feel free to add as much garlic as you want.
Japan chicken tastes great with plain white rice, but you can serve it as a snack or accompany it with fried rice and noodles .
Make and enjoy immediately because it tastes better when served hot
Because of its creamy texture and mild flavors of simple spices, this recipe will be a kids favorite one . Savor this meal with your loved ones and share your thoughts !!