- 1 Cup of Besan/Gram Flour
- 1 Pod of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds[Jeera]
- 11/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 2 Teaspoon Peanut Powder
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric[haldi]
- 1 Teaspoon Asafotedia [Hing]
- Salt to taste
- Refined Oil for cooking
- Crush garlic cloves along with green chillies and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
- Add gram flour to a flat pan. Add crushed garlic chilly paste, turmeric, asafotedia and salt.
- Add salt and fresh coriander to the flour.
- Add water and make a tight dough of gram flour.
- Roll the dough into indian bread[roti]. And cut pieces into sqaure shapes. Remember to apply dry flour on the rolling platform to avoid stickiness of gram flour dough.
- Grease knife with oil before cutting as it makes cutting easy.
- Now, heat oil in a wak.
- Add asafotedia and crushed garlic into oil.
- Let garlic fry for a second and now add turmeric and half a glass of water. Cover the pan and wait for boil.
- Now add red chilli powder and salt in pan. Cover the pan and wait for boil.
- Add another glass of water to the pan. Only after the boiling water reduces to half.
- After few minutes adds besan pieces into the pan and let it cook after 10-15 minutes.
- The recipe is ready to eat as the besan pieces float on the curry.
- Switch off the gas and add peanut powder and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip: Taste best with rice and some pickle.