We always have a stock of soybean in our kitchen as an alternative to meat products. Soybeans are one of the most nutritious and versatile plant food available. As Soya- beans contain more protein than beef, more calcium than milk, more lecithin than eggs, and more iron than beef. It is a high-quality protein and iron source for vegetarians.
- 3 cups – cooked soya chunks
- One large finely chopped – onion
- One finely chopped – green chili
- One tablespoon – ginger garlic paste
- Half cup – frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons -. tomato ketchup
- One teaspoon – chili powder
- One tablespoon – coriander powder
- One teaspoon – cumin powder
- One teaspoon – turmeric powder
- One teaspoon – garam masala or hot spices powder
- One teaspoon – fennel seeds
- One small piece of Cinnamon stick
- One teaspoon – sugar
- One tablespoon – oil
- Salt as required
- 3 tablespoons – Coriander leaves
- Take cooked soya chunks into a mixer and crush them, so they are finely minced. Keep it aside till use.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add fennel seeds, and Cinnamon stick and let them sizzles.
- Now add in onions and green chilies, saute for a minute.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Now add in salt, sugar and allspice powder(cumin powder, turmeric powder, hot spices powder, coriander powder, chili powder) and saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add frozen peas, tomato ketchup, and water mix well
- Add the minced soya and mix well. Cook for 6_9 minutes
- Now add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
- Enjoy the Soya Kheema Curry with Indian flatbread.
- Glycine max, commonly known as soybean a species of legume native. Fat-free soybean is a significant and cheap source of protein.
- For many years, soy foods were enjoyed mainly by vegetarians as an alternative to meat products.
- The consumption of soy foods has risen steadily, bolstered by growing evidence of the many health benefits of these versatile foods.
- Soybean protein contains all of the essential amino acids, making it the only plant protein that approaches or equals animal products in providing a complete source of protein. This makes it a terrific choice for those looking for alternatives to meat products.
- Soybean is also good sources of B vitamins and potassium, zinc, and other minerals. And to top it off, soyabean oil is low in saturated fat, unlike the fat from animal sources. Soya contains important phytochemicals, including isoflavones, saponins, lignans, and phytosterols, all of which have a variety of positive effects on the health.
Benefits of Soy:-
- The beneficial effect of soy foods on heart disease, some cancer, osteoporosis, and menopausal symptoms us the focus of much research. These are a great deal of epidemiological evidence supporting the health-protective effects of soy.
- Populations that include high amounts of soy in their diet have low rates of breast cancer, prostate cancer, and menopausal symptoms.
- However, the evidence is stronger for some health benefits than for others.
- Soy is a high-quality protein and iron source for vegetarian, also a good source of B vitamins, potassium, zinc, and other minerals.
- Low in calories and saturated fat.