When it comes to the holiday season, pumpkins are a beautiful combination of creativity, tradition, and excitement.
Pumpkins play an important role in our Halloween and Thanksgiving rituals. In the same way that you can’t imagine Jack o Lanterns without pumpkin, there is no good health without pumpkin. We all choose yogurt for our diet almost everyday. However, if you’re seeking a low-calorie lunch choice, a large bowl of pumpkin with mixed vegetables yogurt would be sufficient.
This Pumpkin Yogurt is a simple dip recipe that can be created with chilled whipped yogurt and a few spices to improve the flavor. This Yoghurt recipe goes well with nearly any preparation; serve it as a nutritious salad or as a dip.
Some interesting pumpkin recipes for you
Spiced Pumpkin Yogurt Recipe
- 1.5 cup Yellow pumpkin
- 2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/3 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika Powder
- Peel pumpkin and then chop to make medium size pieces.
- Cook chopped pumpkin with a cup of water in a large pan.
- Boil until it turns mushy consistency.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Take half a portion of pumpkin from cooked part and mash it with a spoon.
- To mashed pumpkin, add remaining cut pumpkin.
- In a bowl whisk yogurt until creamy and smooth.
- To the yogurt mixture, add salt, chopped cilantro leaves , pepper, fennel seed and paprika powder and whisk well.
- Add crushed caraway seeds to enhance its flavor.
Tips for making tasty Spiced Pumpkin Yogurt
- Serve it with vegetable or nachos.
- For a tangy taste use black salt in place of regular salt .
- You can either use regular or Greek yogurt . Both tastes well .
Benefits of Yellow Pumpkin
- Yellow pumpkins are no less valuable to lemons as they are rich in vitamin C.
- The bright yellow-orange color comes from a pigment called beta carotene . Which is crucial for our vision, immunity and organs functioning.
- They help lower your bad cholesterol levels (LDL) and manage our blood pressure.
- Because of high antioxidant content yellow pumpkin promotes heart function, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Pumpkin can help your skin fight the signs of aging. It also helps to reduce inflammation, which keeps your skin healthy.
Do try this recipe and share your creepy or interesting pumpkin design that you have created recently for Halloween !!