Coconut Rice is a delicious sweetened coconut rice traditionally made in Maharashtra. It is prepared with fresh coconut, sugar, and some flavors mixed in rice. Hope you like this coconut rice as you did like my previous recipe Tapioca Biryani.
Ingredients For Coconut Rice:-
- One Cup – Rice And Chopped Coconut
- A Cup Of Sugar
- One And A Half Cups – Water
- Two Cloves
- Two Tablespoons – Ghee
- A Pinch Of Saffron Put In Warm Milk
- Ten – Cashews, Almonds, Raisins
- One Teaspoon – Cardamom Powder
- Wash the rice and keep it in a colander to remove all water for thirty minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon in a heavy bottomed vessel. Lower the flame once the ghee is hot and add two cloves to it.
- Saute for thirty seconds. Add the drained rice and saute for a minute.
- Add one and a half cups of water and saffron to it, bring to a boil. Cover the vessel and let the rice cook completely.
- Remove the rice onto a plate and let it cool.
- Grind coconut and sugar in a mixer. Once the rice is cooled, add this mixture to it and mix it gently using fingers.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a heavy bottom vessel. Roast cashews and almonds till they turn golden. Remove to a small plate.
- To the same hot ghee add the rice, coconut and sugar mixture. Add cardamom powder. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes on low flame.
- Check the rice intermittently. The sugar will melt first and slowly start thickening.
- At this stage, let the rice cook without covering it till becomes relatively dry.
- Remove onto a serving plate and garnish with roasted cashews, almonds, and raisins.
- Serve the coconut rice hot.
- If you like this coconut recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. Write your own version of this recipe to us.
- Visit our website for more delicious and easy recipes.