Masala Bhaat is an authentic popular Maharashtrian style vegetable rice with a nice aroma. This is quick and easy to make full of flavors and aroma, an amazing combination of spicy flavors and mouth-watering taste. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Green Tomato Veggie.
Ingredients For Masala Bhaat:-
- One cup – Rice
- Three Tablespoons – Dry Coconut(grated)
- Two Tablespoons – Cumin Seeds
- One – Potato(cut in cubes)
- One Quarters – Onion
- One Cup – Green Peas
- One Green Chili(slit and cut in halves)
- One Teaspoon Each Of – Mustard Seeds Turmeric Powder, Red Chili Powder, And Garam Masala
- Two Cups – Water
- Salt To Taste
- One Tablespoon – Grated Jaggery
- One Tablespoon – Ghee
- Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- First, wash the rice, drain and keep aside.
- Dry Roast cumin seeds and grated coconut, till it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat and grind in a pestle mortar.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan. Add mustard seeds. After they crackle, add all the vegetables along with green chili and saute for thirty seconds.
- Now add the washed rice, and mix.
- Add two cups of water, garam masala, salt, and jaggery.
- Pressure cook for one whistle and keep aside.
- Open the lid of the pressure pan. Add little ghee and fluff the rice.
- Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the masala bhaat hot with spiced buttermilk and green chutney.
- I am sure you like this masala bhaat recipe share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media too.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your own version of this recipe write on to us on our website.
- Visit our website for more delicious and regional recipes which makes your cooking more fun.