Chole Biryani is one of my favorite biryani in veg biryani recipes. Aromatic rice with spices and chickpeas served with veg raita is always mouth watering and fully satisfy your cravings. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Methi Paneer.
Ingredients for chole biryani:-
- Three Tablespoons – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Caraway Seeds and Coriander Powder
- Three – Green Cardamoms, Cloves, and Green chillies(slit)
- One – Black Cardamom and Bay Leaf
- Two Inch – Cinnamom
- Two – Large Onions(chopped)
- One – Large Tomato( chopped)
- Half Tablespoon – Ginger And Garlic(chopped)
- One Cup – Coconut Milk
- Half Teaspoon – Turmeric, And Red Chilli Powder
- One Cup – Chickpeas(soaked overnight)
- Three Cups – Water
- Salt As Required
- One Cup – Basmati Rice
- Three Cups – Water For Cooking Rice
- Two – Green Cardamoms
- One – Black Cardamom
- One Inch – Cinnamon
- Three Single Strands Of Mace
- Bay Leaf
- Three – Cloves
- Salt As Required
- Half Cup – Mint Leaves And Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Two Teaspoons – Ginger(Julienned)
- Two Teaspoons – Rose Water
- One Pinch Saffron Strands
- Take overnight soaked chickpeas strain and rinse. Keep aside.
- Soaked one cup rice in water for about half an hour. Strain the rice and keep aside.
- In a heavy vessel heat 3 cups of water.
- When it comes to heat add the spices 3 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 2-inch cinnamon, 3 single strands of mace, 1 bay leaf, and 3 Cloves.
- Salt as required.
- Bring the water boil on a high flame.
- Now add the strained rice.
- Cook the rice on high flame till the rice are 75% cooked.
- Strain the cooked rice and keep aside.
- When the rice is getting ready we prepare the gravy for chickpeas.
- In a frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, 3 cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, 2-inch cinnamon, 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves.
- Saute the spices for a minute.
- Now add chopped onions, for quick cooking of the onions, put a pinch of salt and saute medium flame till golden. Take out the half fried onions on a plate.
- Add green chili, chopped ginger, and garlic cook till the rawness goes away.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Next add half teaspoon turmeric powder, red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Add the soaked chickpeas and mix.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt as required.
- Now pressure cook the chickpeas on a medium flame for 20 minutes.
- After done the pressure cook check the chickpeas they should be cooked well and soften.
- Add one cup thick coconut milk, stir and mix well.
LAYERING THE BIRYANI
- Now we assembling and layering the biryani.
- Add one-fourth cup of chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger julienne to the chickpeas gravy.
- Layer with all the cooked rice.
- Next top with fried onions.
- Then layered the one-fourth cup of chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, and ginger julienne.
- Sprinkle the saffron dissolved water.
- Now place a moist kitchen towel on the pressure cooker.
- Place a tight lid. Keep the pressure cooker on a heated griddle.
- Dum, cook the chole biryani for 30 minutes on a low flame.
- Serve your chole biryani with veg raita, or biryani gravy.
- If you like this chole biryani recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there.
- We love to hear your feedback in the comments below also welcome your suggestions and queries for the recipe.
- Keep visiting our website for more information about food and find recipes which are healthy and nutritious.