Ingredients For Eggplant Biryani:-
- Six – Eggplant (small and slitted)
- One – Onion (chopped)
- One – Tomato (chopped)
- Handful Of Mint Leaves And Coriander Leaves
- Green Chillies – Six In Quantity(slitted)
- Half Cup – Curd
- Half Tablespoon – Lemon Juice
- One Tablespoon – Ginger Garlic Paste
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- Three Tablespoons – Cooking Oil
- One And One-Fourth Cup – Basmati Rice
- Two Tablespoons – Ghee
Spices We Need In This Recipe
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Fennel Seeds
- Two – Cinnamon Sticks
- Four – Cloves
- Six – Cardamom
- One – Star Anise
- One – Small Piece Of Mace
- Two – Bay Leaves
Marinating For Brinjals
- Half Teaspoon – chilli Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon Each Of – Turmeric Powder, Lemon Juice, and Salt
- Soak the basmati rice for thirty minutes and keep aside.
- Wash the eggplants do not remove the stem and slit the brinjals towards the stem side like a plus sign.
- Marinate the eggplants with the spice powders and salt and keep aside
- Heat oil in large pan. When oil becomes hot add all the whole spices one by one and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Next, add slit green chilies, mint leaves, ginger garlic paste, and half of the coriander leaves and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook till it gets tender. Then add the eggplants, turmeric powder and mix gently and cook for a minute.
- Now time to add curd and lemon juice and mix well and cook for 3 minutes more so it will become a gravy-like consistency.
- Drain the water from the rice and add to the gravy. Add 2 cups of water and salt and mix gently.
- Finally, add the remaining coriander leaves. Cover the pan and cook the rice in medium flame. Stir once in between.
- Once the rice is cooked and all the water absorbs by the rice, add two tablespoons of ghee and mix gently without breaking the rice.
- Serve eggplants biryani it with any veg raita.
- If you like this biryani recipe do share with your family and friends. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we are active there. We are also on other social media.
- Leave your feedback in the comments below. If you have your version of this recipe write us on our website.
- Visit our website for more such interesting recipes and information about food.