Capsicum rice is a flavored with green, red, and yellow capsicums and spices to enhance the flavor of the rice leaving a great aroma. Hope you like this recipe as you did like my previous recipe Vegetable Puff.
Ingredients For Capsicum Rice:-
- Two-Third Cup – Basmati Rice
- Three-Fourth Cup – Capsicum(sliced)
- One And A Half Teaspoon – Oil
- One Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- Two – Cloves
- One – Green Cardamom
- One Small Piece Cinnamon
- One Bay Leaf
- One Medium – Onion(chopped)
- One-Fourth Cup – Yogurt
- Half Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- One Teaspoon – Coriander Powder
- One And One-Third Cup – Water
- Two Tablespoons – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- Wash the rice in water for three-four times and soak them in water for twenty minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker with the capacity of three liters.
- Heat one and a half tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Add one teaspoon cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add two cloves, one green cardamom, a small piece of cinnamon and a bay leaf.
- Saute them for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute until onion turns light pink.
- Now put sliced capsicum and a little salt. Mix well and saute for two-three minutes.
- Time to add rice and saute for two minutes. Add One-fourth cup yogurt, half teaspoon red chili powder, and one teaspoon coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Add one and one-third water and salt according to taste, remember we put salt in capsicum so be careful while adding salt. Mix Well
- Close the cooker with a lid and pressure cook for two whistles over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat. Let the pressure come down naturally.
- Open the cooker lid and fluff the rice with a for.
- Capsicum rice is ready to serve, enjoy with veg raita.