Coconut sandwich is a very simple recipe to make. At the same time, this dish is light and is easy to digest. You can enjoy this delicious recipe anytime of the day irrespective of whether it is a breakfast time, lunch or evening snacks.
- Four Slices – Bread
- One Cup – Grated Coconut
- Jaggery according to taste
- Half Cup dry roasted Almonds, Cashew, and Raisins
- Half Tablespoon dry roasted Sesame Seeds
- One Tablespoon – Coconut Water
- Half Tablespoon – Cardamom Powder
- Two Tablespoons – Clarified Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons – Water
- Take a saucepan and add crushed jaggery to it. Now, add 3 tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Heat up the jaggery on a low flame till it dissolve completely.
- Now, add cardamom powder and roasted nuts into the saucepan. Stir continuously.
- Next is to rise the flame onto the medium heat. Now, add the grated coconut and coconut water to the saucepan.
- Keep stirring all the ingredients continuously until it starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now, switch off the flame and add some roasted sesame seeds. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Now take bread slices and spread the clarified butter on both sides of the bread.
- Toast bread in a toaster.
- Spread the coconut mixture on one bread slice sprinkle some almonds, and cover it with the another bread slice.
- Coconut sandwich is ready to serve.
The coconut, the seed of a plan tree that grows mostly in tropical coastal areas, and yields numerous food and nonfood products. It’s a member of the Arecaceae family and the only spice in the genus Cocos. The oil is used in vegetable shortening, Monday creamers, some spreads. The ingredient is also useful in making your skin and skin glowing as coconut is found in various cosmetic products such as shampoos, moisturizing skin lotions, and soaps.
The cream of the fruit that lies in the interior of the unit’s hard outer shell is eaten raw or used to flavor ice cream, and confectionery products. Coconut milk, the sweet white liquid from the heart of the nut, is served as a beverage or used as a marinade. It contains zero fat.
Dried nutshell of this fruit is rich in oil. In fact, more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in this fruit is classified as saturated.Coconut oil is more highly saturated than the fat in butter or red meat.
However, it is unhealthy for saturated fats who tend to increase the cholesterol levels. People suffering from cholesterol problem must avoid intake of coconut and its products. On the other hand, these fatty acids are easy to digest, and a half cup of coconut meat has about 1 mg of iron and a fair amount of fiber.
BENEFITS OF COCONUT
- Oil extracted fromm this nut is one of the richest sources of saturated fat. It contains Medium Chain Triglycerides- which are fatty acids of a medium length.
- The Medium Chain Triglycerides in coconut oil can increase how many calories you burn compared to the same amount of other fats.
- The fatty acid of this ingredient can significantly reduce appetite, which may positively affect body weight over the long term.
- The MCTs found in its oil can increase the blood concentration of ketone bodies, that helps in reducing seizures in epileptic children.
- This fruit oil improves important risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol, and lower the risk of heart disease.
- It can also be used as a mild form of sunscreen and as a mouthwash. And effective as a skin moisturizer and protecting against hair damage.
- Hope you like this recipe and also like to try this at home. We love to hear your feedback in the comments below for this recipe.
- Do like our recipes and also share with your family and friends. And for more recipes log on to www.gofooddy.com