Egg Rolls A Healthy Pan Cake
Egg rolls… hmm. Some like egg whites whereas some people like to dig into the egg yolk. But, do you know eating these specifics won’t make us healthy. Rather we must consume the entire egg so that our mind, body, and soul all stay in a healthy state. But, what if I don’t like the taste, what can I do?
Well, eggs are one of those ingredients that can be cooked according to our choice. So, today we are going to reveal a classic recipe named Egg Rolls.
This recipe consists of pancakes stuffed with fish, potato mixture, and hard boiled eggs.
- 200 Grams – Tuna Fish
- 4 Big – Potatoes (Boiled and Mashed)
- One Tablespoon – Pepper(Grounded)
- 4 Eggs – Hard Boiled, Peeled and Cut in Halves Lengthwise
- Two Cups – Plain Flour
- Six – Eggs
- 300 ml – Milk
- Two Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- One Small – Onion(finely chopped)
- 7-8 – Curry Leaves
- 100 ml- Water
- 300 grams – Breadcrumbs
- One Teaspoon – Pepper Corns
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Use tuna fish else you can use any one other fish. Take a deep saucepan and fill the pan with 5 cups of water. Place the tuna fish into it and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Now, remove the fish into a colander and keep it aside.
- Now, prepare the pancake batter. In a bowl add two whole eggs, one cup flour, and milk. Whisk all the ingredients well until it becomes smooth, keep aside.Remember, whisk in the same direction to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Now, take another bowl and add the boiled fish and mashed potatoes. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now add pepper, green chillies, chopped onion, and curry leaves. Stir the ingredients until the onions turn brown. Switch off the flame and add this to the fish and potato mixture. Mix well and keep aside.
Directions To Make Pancakes
- Now, heat few drops of oil on a non-stick pan over high flame. Use the turned ladle and pour the pancake batter into the frying pan and spread it into a round shape.
- Place the lid for few seconds and then check if the edges have turned brown in colour. Now, flip the pancake and slide few drops of oil on the pan. Again over the lid for few seconds. Don’t cook the pancake to crisp, it should still be soft enough to fold without breaking. Make as many pancakes you wish to.
- Now, prepare the crumb coat by adding one cup all purpose flour, 4 eggs, 100 ml water into a mixing bowl and mix them well.
- Now, place the pancake on the chopping board. Add a spoonful of fish and potato mixture, and placed a half portion of egg on the top. Fold all the side and turn the pancake into the packet.
- Dip these egg rolls in the flour and egg mixture, and then get them coated with breadcrumbs.
- Now, heat oil in a frying pan for deep frying. Place the rolls on a slotted ladle and gently place them into the oil.
- Remove the egg rolls as they turn golden in color.
Use absorbent paper or kitchen tissues to place these rolls after removing from oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or sauce.
- Hope you liked this delicious recipe and will surely share it with your friends. So, rather than explaining the steps simply click on the social media icons shown on the top and share this yummy recipe with the world.
- Also, leave a comment or a suggestion in the comment box and keep visiting us for more interesting recipes and food knowledge. Till then enjoy food and stay healthy.