An easily digestible form of raw rice is very popular across Indian, Nepal, Bangladesh and is normally used to prepare snacks or light fast foods.
- One cup – thick flattened rice or flattened rice
- One large potato boiled and mashed
- One carrot grated
- One cup – boiled green peas
- One small onion finely chopped
- One tablespoon – finely chopped coriander leaves
- Half teaspoon – ginger-garlic paste
- Half teaspoon of each – turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, raw mango powder
- One teaspoon – white sesame
- Oil as required
- Salt as required
1. Take flattened rice in a bowl and rinse it twice, and soak it for 5 minutes.
2. After that drain all the water from the rice.
3. The rice should be softened as no water left after draining.
4. In another bowl take the mashed potato, grated carrot, boiled green peas, chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves.
5. Add the flattened rice into the mixture.
6. Now add all the spices turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, sesame, and salt as per tastes.
7. Mix all the ingredients very well.
8.T ake a generous amount of the mixture and shape into small cutlet. Make all cutlets from the mixture.
9. On a frying pan add 3 tablespoons of oil and let the oil become hot.
10. Place the cutlet on the frying pan, when one side is lightly golden and crisp, turn them over. Once the second side becomes golden and crisp turn them again. Do this couple of times till it becomes golden.
11.Do fry all the cutlets on a low-medium flame.
12.Place the fried cutlets on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
13.Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
Flattened rice is commonly known as poha, it is a rice which is flattened into flat dry flakes. This flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, as they absorb water. It can be eaten raw by adding milk n sugar in it or lightly fried in oil with nuts and other spices.
If you like this recipe do share with your family and friends on Facebook or Twitter as we are active there and also on other social media.