Green Cutlet is made with nutritious spinach with potatoes. A healthy snack with a goodness of green leafy vegetable which is a rich source of iron, vitamins, minerals, and protein. Green cutlet is a tasty delicious snack with fresh green vegetables. Hope you like this green cutlet recipe as you did like my previous recipe Cauliflower Manchurian.
Ingredients for Green Cutlet:-
- Six Cups – Spinach(finely chopped)
- One And A Half Cups – Potatoes(boiled, and shredded)
- Two Teaspoons – Oil
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Ginger(finely chopped)
- Three-Fourth – Salt
- Three Tablespoons – Cornstarch
- One-Fourth Cup – Cilantro(finely chopped)
- Two Tablespoons – Green Chili(finely chopped)
- Oil As Required
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Oil should be moderately hot add cumin seeds. After the cumin seeds crack, add the finely chopped spinach.
- Stir-fry, making sure to press the spinach down so the water can evaporate. cook the spinach until most of the water has evaporated. Spinach still should be moist, not dry.
- After spinach is at room temperature, add to the boiled and shredded potatoes with all other ingredients, ginger, cilantro, green chilies, salt, and cornstarch. Mix to be the consistency of soft dough.
- Divided the mix to twenty equal parts and roll them into oval shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. the frying pan should have one inch of oil. To check if the oil is read, put a small piece of the mix in oil. It should sizzle and come up slowly.
- If oil is very hot cutlets will not cook through and will not be crispy.
- Fry the cutlets in small batches. Fry cutlets until golden-brown all around. This should take about six to seven minutes.
- Serve the green cutlet hot with sweet and sour tamarind chutney.