Mushrooms are classified as fungi. They are primitive plants that cannot obtain energy though photosynthesis and therefore draw their nutrients from humus, the partially decomposed tissue of more complex vegetation.
- One Tablespoon – Butter
- Three Cups – Mushrooms
- Half Cup – Spring Onions
- 3 – Garlic
- Half Teaspoon – Oregano
- Half Teaspoon – Black Pepper
- One Tablespoon – Coriander Leaves(chopped)
- 8 Slices – Brown Bread
- Salt as required
- Wash mushrooms and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat one tablespoon butter in a pan.
- Add half teaspoon of finely chopped garlic, saute for few seconds. Don’t let them turn brown just the rawness of garlic goes away.
- Keep the flame low.
- Now add half cup chopped whole spring onion, saute till the onion become transparent.
- Now its the time to add mushrooms, saute in a low flame as mushrooms leaves water initially.
- Continue sauteing till the water evaporates.
- Once all the water dries up add the spices, half teaspoon oregano, half teaspoon crushed black pepper, tablespoon of chopped coriander, salt according to taste. Mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Now take the bread slices, cut the edges.
- Spread the mushroom filling on the bread slices, cover the top with another bread slice. Make all the sandwiches like this.
- Place the sandwiches in a preheated toaster or grill whatever available. Grill the sandwiches till golden and crisp.
- Slice the grilled mushroom sandwiches in a triangular shape.
- Serve hot mushroom sandwiches with green chutney or tomato sauce.
Extremely low in calories, mushrooms are virtually fat-free and a valuable source of dietary fiber. They provide good amount of potassium, selenium, riboflavin, thiamine, folate , B6, and zinc. They are also one of the best plant-based sources of niacin. Shiitake mushrooms contain lentinan, a photochemical that may help boost immune activity, as well as eritadenine, which helps lower cholesterol by promoting cholesterol excretion.
- If you like the recipe please do share with your friends and family, also love to hear your feedback in the comments below.
- Keep logging on www.gofooddy.com for more such recipes. We are also on social media.
- See you soon with some new recipes, till then Eat Healthy, Be Healthy, and Live Healthy.