Taco Samosa is a delicious twisty snack with a taste of Indian snack samosa which is a deep-fried snack with a filling of potatoes and peas. Hope you like this taco samosa as you did like my previous recipe Mushroom Corn Curry.
Ingredients For Taco Samosa:-
- One Cup – All-Purpose Flour
- One-Fourth Cup – Semolina
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Salt
- One-Third Cup – Lukewarm Water
- Two Cups – Potatoes(boiled, peeled and chopped)
- Half Cup – Green Peas(whatever available fresh or frozen)
- Two Tablespoons – Canola Oil
- Half Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- One Teaspoon – Coriander Powder And Mango Powder
- One-Fourth Teaspoon – Red Chili Powder And Garam Masala
- One Teaspoon – Salt
- Two Tablespoons – Green Chilies(chopped)
- Oil T Fry
- One-Fourth Cup – Coriander Leaves And Tamarind Chutney
- Mix the flour, semolina, and oil add water as needed to make a firm dough.
- Knead the dough for about a minute to make the dough smooth and pliable.
- Let the dough sit for at least fifteen minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away the oil is ready for the next step.
- Add cumin seeds as the seeds crack, add green peas stir fry for about two minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients, potatoes, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, mango powder, salt and green chili.
- Stir fry for about two minutes, potato filling should be moist not very dry.
- Knead the dough for a few seconds. Divide the dough into eight equal parts, and roll them into balls.
- Roll each dough ball into about four-inch diameter. Prick each rolled up Taco with a fork in several places both sides, this will prevent Taco from puffing and make them crisp.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place one rolled Taco in the frying pan as the oil become hot and press with a skimmer, turn and fold in half. Doing this it will become taco shape.
- Do not press, between the fold there should be space to fill the potatoes filling.
- Fry them until light golden brown on both the sides. This should take about two to three minutes.
- Take the taco out and place them on the kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Repeat the process to make more taco.
- Now assemble the tacos by filling the taco shell with hot potato filling.
- Serve the taco samosa with tamarind and green chutney.